Windows 10: Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll

Discus and support Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What do these icons signify? John [img] [img] *Sad*Tongue*cry 137244 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RBCC, Jul 25, 2019.

1. RBCC Win User

Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll

What do these icons signify? John

Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll [​IMG]

Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll [​IMG]

*Sad*Tongue*cry

:)

2. mrpeters Win User

So who will be the first to port the Windows 8.1 icons to Windows 10

Confirmed -- you can put this -- Solved Original imageres.dll file needed -- in C:\Windows\System32\ with a name like imageres-win8.dll and replace the boring flat icons.

mrpeters, Jul 25, 2019
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll

DLL Files containing icons

I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T
    hold icons, and whose names make no sense whatever (the names of the icon-containing DLL's also make no sense whatever).

You'd think that common sense would require a unique folder (like "Icon Holders") into which the icon-containing DLL's would be held. But common sense doesn't seem to be relevant here. I've tried creating the folder I envision(in
    the "system32" folder and putting copies of the icon-holding files into it. But when I go into the "change icon" procedure and browse to one of the relevant DLL files, I get a message informing me that the file in question contains no icons.

This is simply insane; why does this happen? putting a copy of a file into another folder should not change it.

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll

1. Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll - Similar Threads - Name Icon don't

2. give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons: THERES LITERALLY NO DOWNLOADS ONLINE WHEN I SEARCHED AND I TRIED TO USE A VIRTUAL MACHINE TO INSTALL WIN11 JUST TO GET THE ICONS BUT THE VIRTUAL MACHINE WOULDNT LET ME INSTALL BUT I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT AND NO I DONT WANT TO DOWNLOAD AN ICON PACK AND I WOULD RATHER NOT TELL...
  3. give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    give me the **** windows 11 imageres dll and shell32 dll so i can get the icons: THERES LITERALLY NO DOWNLOADS ONLINE WHEN I SEARCHED AND I TRIED TO USE A VIRTUAL MACHINE TO INSTALL WIN11 JUST TO GET THE ICONS BUT THE VIRTUAL MACHINE WOULDNT LET ME INSTALL BUT I DONT CARE ABOUT THAT AND NO I DONT WANT TO USE AN ICON PACK AND I WOULD RATHER NOT TELL WHY I...
  4. 'mdmcommon' DLL Module Keeps Loading and I Don't Know What It Is or Why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'mdmcommon' DLL Module Keeps Loading and I Don't Know What It Is or Why: so within the Loaded Modules list in System Information, I've found that there is a module called "mdmcommon"; it doesn't load on startup, but around 10-20 minutes after. whenever I find it loaded, I've checked Event Viewer Security logs but there's never really a common...
  5. 'mdmcommon' DLL Module Keeps Loading and I Don't Know What It Is or Why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'mdmcommon' DLL Module Keeps Loading and I Don't Know What It Is or Why: so within the Loaded Modules list in System Information, I've found that there is a module called "mdmcommon"; it doesn't load on startup, but around 10-20 minutes after. whenever I find it loaded, I've checked Event Viewer Security logs but there's never really a common...
  6. 'mdmcommon' DLL Module Keeps Loading and I Don't Know What It Is or Why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what to do: I messed around with the registry once I upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro following the instructions of some youtube video WITHOUT BACKING UP. Basically it was just setting some values to 0 so that microsoft doesn't track my activity and overall make my computer faster....
  8. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...
  9. My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Icons have changed and i have files with names i don't know: So,i have a windows 10 laptop i5 nvdia geforce and all that,but it's 32 bit so when i tried to play games like cs:go and fortnite they didnt't work i searched youtube and i did a command someone did in a youtube video and in the comments people were saying it's working...So...
  10. I don't know what's my graphic card name

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I don't know what's my graphic card name: Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007. I already tried NVIDIA Auto-detection tool (GeForce Experience) and it couldn't detect it, tried 'dxdiag', and Display Adapters...
Tags: