Windows 10: Name wont change, Windows 10 account info.

Discus and support Name wont change, Windows 10 account info. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, please take a seat. So, I recently got a new laptop and used an old email address to set up the details. This was an account I used when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TommyPouncey, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Name wont change, Windows 10 account info.

Hi everyone, please take a seat.

So, I recently got a new laptop and used an old email address to set up the details. This was an account I used when I didn't want to use my primary personal email(anonymity), therefor I used a different name. In fact I used "9 inch sense of humour" which is very immature, however I was a lot younger when I made that account. This name has recently lost all humour to me.

My boss has emailed me asking why my amendments to employer documents are using such a name, I now have a disciplinary at work and have to report to HR for additional training. I have changed my name in the account settings to my actual name following the online help. My account now has my actual name, but this has not updated on my laptop or in Microsoft office. Please can somebody assist me in changing this, I'm half way to losing my job and I don't want to make this situation worse.

:)

TommyPouncey, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Name wont change, Windows 10 account info.

Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Name wont change, Windows 10 account info.

1. Name wont change, Windows 10 account info. - Similar Threads - Name wont change

2. change account info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change account info: I've been trying to update my microsoft account to include my new e-mail address. I was able to change the e-mail address with Skype. However, the microsoft account asks for a verification code. I had put my cellular number previously to be able to do this step. The last few...
  3. change account info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change account info: I've been trying to update my microsoft account to include my new e-mail address. I was able to change the e-mail address with Skype. However, the microsoft account asks for a verification code. I had put my cellular number previously to be able to do this step. The last few...
  4. Cant change windows 10 account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change windows 10 account name: i tried changing my windows 10 account name but the button for it doesn't even show up[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-windows-10-account-name/6bad4e8a-503f-4432-934f-546ae786d451
  5. Change account info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account info: I was given my father's old work computer. The account and everything is under his name and email. Is there a way to change this without losing the files I have stored on the computer? I have added my own Microsoft account but see no way to remove the others....
  6. Changing microsoft account info

Changing microsoft account info: Installed win 10 and microsoft office on brothers laptop using my microsoft account info - how to change to another Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-microsoft-account-info/bdaab7b4-8431-4ba0-adbf-22401e53960e
  7. Windows 10: Changing Account Name

Windows 10: Changing Account Name: Hello there. I recently linked my email with my windows account and my account username is now that of the email I used to do so. I have tried to change my username via Control Panel, to no avail. Attached here is a link to the image of how I saw it please ignore my weeaboo...
  8. Change administrators name and info

Change administrators name and info: I just bought a used computer that the previous users info is still on. I have the administrators password and would like to delete the previous owners info in the administrator profile and repolace it with my own. How can I accomplish this?...
  9. Windows 10 Account Won't Change Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Account Won't Change Name: I've manually gone online to my windows account and changed my name there, but it doesn't appear on reboot of any of my devices. Occassionally, it will do it the first time after reboot if I try to change it to something else. When I try to go change my name again, it...
  10. Change User Name of Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change User Name of Account in Windows 10: How to: Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 How to Change User Name of an Account in Windows 10 The user name of an account is used to identify the account in Windows. For example, on the sign-in screen. This tutorial will show you how to change the name of any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 new account asking for email aDDRESS NOT USER NAME