Windows 10: Named Pipe Service Trigger Provider - Restore

Discus and support Named Pipe Service Trigger Provider - Restore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Heyo, I am having issues with my computer freezing intermittently for a few seconds, and I have seen a lot of possible fixes online. The issue is, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sequelfire, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Named Pipe Service Trigger Provider - Restore

Heyo,

I am having issues with my computer freezing intermittently for a few seconds, and I have seen a lot of possible fixes online. The issue is, I have exhausted every fix I have come across, so I decided to look deeper into my computer files to find the source of the problem.

I came across this [npsvctrig - Named pipe service trigger provider] with the status "severe" and I found out that this service aims to trigger certain programs and responses, and when it is unable to do so it reboots, causing either a crash, cpu reboot, and in some cases, a graphics card reboot, which will effect the display being used.

The issue I am having now is finding a trustworthy source to download from in order to restore the npsvctrig service. The one I found is: http://batcmd.com/windows/10/services/npsvctrig/. I'm not sure if this website is trustworthy, and I do not wish to find out.

If anyone could tell me if they have used this site before without issue, or if somebody has another link I could use, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew

:)

sequelfire, Jan 8, 2020

2. Difference between the Manual and Manual (trigger start) services

Hi Balubeto.

Greetings from the distant future.

I'm not sure why the other user was being so difficult in answering your question.

"Manual" and "Manual (Triggered)" are the same mode, but windows 7, 8 and 10 have added features to the "Manual" mode, namely the ability to add very specific triggers which will start a service which ordinarily would not start by themselves. An example of this is the Bluetooth service on a laptop, where the BT handling service only starts when a device tries to connect to the BT radio.

If your service says "Manual (Triggered)" it means that there is one or more triggers enabled. To look deeper into this, first find the service name:

Open up services (By opening the "Run" dialog and typing "Services.msc"

Locate the service in the list, right-click on it and click "Properties". The Service Name is displayed under the "General" tab. For example, my Bluetooth Device Handler service is called "bthserv"

To find out what these triggers are, open the start menu and type "cmd". Rightclick on the "Command Prompt" list item and select "Run As Administrator"

At the command prompt, type:

sc qtriggerinfo bthserv (obviously replace "bthserv" with the name of your service)

All the triggers for that service will be shown below. To find out more about them, you might need to google or ask about for them individually.

To delete (and please, make sure you understand what you're changing here BEFORE you change it) the triggers for a service, type:

sc triggerinfo bthserv delete (again, replacing bthserv with your service name)

Restart the computer and check the service again using "sc qtriggerinfo". There will no longer be any triggers listed. If you check the service in services.msc, you'll see it now says "Manual" instead of "Manual(Triggered)"

SC is the service config command, QTRIGGERINFO is the Query Trigger Information command. TRIGGERINFO is the command to actually modify the triggers.

To show all SC commands and what else you can do with this, just type SC and press enter. Again, please use great care when modifying services, and if you aren't sure of the outcome, keep reading about it until you do. It's also best to leave these alone unless you have a very specific reason for removing the triggers.

UnmetPlayer, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Named pipe and Symbolic link to it

That's the situation: I've a program that sends data to a text file (those are just information about lights state of an arcade machine). I need to redirect those informations to a COM port, so I've replaced the txt file with a symbolic link to a pipe. I
    don't have access to the source code of this main program. The only way I've found to do that in Windows 10 is creating a symbolic link using pipes like this:

Code:
    mklink SymlinkName \\.\pipe\pipename

Then I've create a program that create/reads the pipe and send it to the COM port. It works fine on Windows 10 without any kind of problem and I've worked on that OS for my development.

Today I've tried all this stuff on the arcade machine (windows 7 Ultimate based) but the Symlink doesn't work. For debug purpouse I try to send data to my COM port simpy using command line, for example

Code:
    echo foo > COM1 
    and this works fine (so the problem is not in the serial line), but if I try to do that throught the Symlink, it sais:

Code:
    echo foo > SymlinkThe data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid.

Any suggestion?

MatteoPedrali, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Named Pipe Service Trigger Provider - Restore

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Named Pipe Service Trigger Provider - Restore

1. Named Pipe Service Trigger Provider - Restore - Similar Threads - Named Pipe Service

2. Error 1450 when writing to Named Pipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1450 when writing to Named Pipe: I'm coding a simple server for a C++ client, connected by a named pipe.Writes and reads on the named pipe work fine when both ends are on the same machine.When on two machines on a local network, the very first write on the pipe about 60 bytes causes a 1450 - insufficient...
  3. Error 1450 when writing to Named Pipe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 1450 when writing to Named Pipe: I'm coding a simple server for a C++ client, connected by a named pipe.Writes and reads on the named pipe work fine when both ends are on the same machine.When on two machines on a local network, the very first write on the pipe about 60 bytes causes a 1450 - insufficient...
  4. Error 1450 when writing to Named Pipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...: Hello,I know a thread has been posted before about this issue, but I'm having the same problem, with a different twist.Windows seems confused on whether or not my microsoft account has a Windows Hello Pin. It asks me to create a pin, but says I have one and the account has...
  6. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...: Hello,I know a thread has been posted before about this issue, but I'm having the same problem, with a different twist.Windows seems confused on whether or not my microsoft account has a Windows Hello Pin. It asks me to create a pin, but says I have one and the account has...
  7. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How can I create a named pipe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I create a named pipe?: The server process is VapourSynth running in Python -- I'll ask the VS & Python folks how to instantiate the server side.The client process is FFmpeg. I know how to instantiate that side.Apparently, using a named pipe will improve streaming performance by about 10x.I have...
  9. Licensing Service Provider

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing Service Provider: Hello Everyone What are the requirements to become a Microsoft Licensing Service Provider (LSP)? I cant seem to get any information on the internet. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/licensing-service-provider/e51d0057-fbfd-4c1c-9fe5-ea55b9459b25"
  10. Cannot update service provider

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot update service provider: They tell me I need to have windows sync this and may need permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-service-provider/dde7cc97-94f3-4ebf-aa82-84a1c58cf363

Users found this page by searching for:

1. named pipe service trigger