Windows 10: Names added in Photos Windows 10 Disappeared

Discus and support Names added in Photos Windows 10 Disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Photos, under More/People 'Add name' I spent several days adding names to hundreds of photos individual icons displayed by Photos. After Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VPaxton, Dec 14, 2020.

1. VPaxton Win User

Names added in Photos Windows 10 Disappeared

In Photos, under More/People 'Add name' I spent several days adding names to hundreds of photos individual icons displayed by Photos. After Windows 10 update KB4592449 on 12/9/2020, the photos are still there, but all names I entered have disappeared.

:)

VPaxton, Dec 14, 2020

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    name photo album windows 10

Hi Rena,

Conflicts with the photos app settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues naming an album. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try running the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you will still encounter
    the same issue in renaming an album in the Photos app.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Pictures disappearing from Windows Photo Album

Hi,

It seems the photos could've disappeared because of a corruption in the application. To address this issue, we suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter to scan and fix for any issues within the Photos app. To run the troubleshooter, refer to this

link

You may also try creating a new user profile to see if this is just an issue within the current user profile. Check the links below on how to create a user account.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Names added in Photos Windows 10 Disappeared - Similar Threads - Names added Photos

2. Disappearing photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing photos: Aug 7/23: I was able to launch & save photos rec'd in Gmail or transferred from my iPhone until today; can't find them once scanned. Has Google or Microsoft changed something. Can anyone help?...
  3. Disappearing photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disappearing photos: Aug 7/23: I was able to launch & save photos rec'd in Gmail or transferred from my iPhone until today; can't find them once scanned. Has Google or Microsoft changed something. Can anyone help?...
  4. Adding names to photos, text size varies widely

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Adding names to photos, text size varies widely: I have a large collection of family pictures. Sometimes the name gets separated from the picture so I started using Faststone Image Viewer to add to the canvas (bottom) (50 pixels). Then I can type the person's name. These are great for ancestry write-ups. I then put a...
  5. Windows 10 app named Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 app named Photos: How does one transfer photos from the Photo App. in Windows 10 to a CD or flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-named-photos/68e8f392-2ff2-403c-88dc-9ce8a43684d4
  6. Photos disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos disappearing: So... I just opened my computer, and for some reason, an entire album of drawings have mysteriously vanished. I searched my entire computer: the recycle bin, the storage, my picture album, and I even restarted my laptop, and the pictures are still missing. WHat am I supposed...
  7. Adding apps to windows 10 photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding apps to windows 10 photos: Is there some registry hack or third party program that will allow me to add other apps/programs to the share option in windows 10 photos? I installed windows 10 to a new SSD and since then windows mail app will not work for me. I have started to use mailbird and enjoy it....
  8. Adding apps to windows 10 photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding apps to windows 10 photos: Is there some registry hack or third party program that will allow me to add other apps/programs to the share option in windows 10 photos? I installed windows 10 to a new SSD and since then windows mail app will not work for me. I have started to use mailbird and enjoy it....
  9. Windows 10 Photo Not Adding iPhone Photos From NAS

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Photo Not Adding iPhone Photos From NAS: Greetings: I added a Photos search folder that points to NAS. Most of these pictures in this folder were taken from my iPhone 8. While Photos add .jpg's and all my videos to the collection, it will not add the pictures I took from my iPhone. What is the solution to...
  10. adding tags to photos in Window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    adding tags to photos in Window 10: How do I add tags to photos in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/adding-tags-to-photos-in-window-10/fb6121d4-4646-4ae0-a58b-8e2a6f403159