Windows 10: Naming a file with cap letter

Discus and support Naming a file with cap letter in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of a sudden the first letter of any word comes up in lower case. I change it to a upper case letter but when I hit the enter key it goes back to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kenneth Pincus, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Naming a file with cap letter

All of a sudden the first letter of any word comes up in lower case. I change it to a upper case letter but when I hit the enter key it goes back to a lower case letter. Thanks for any help.

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Jun 23, 2020

2. Filename in Cap Letters

I am using windows 10 ...

I have created a file and named it all in CAP letters ...

When I updated this file and then save it ... the name reverts to lower case letters ...

How can I keep the filename in CAP letters ?

Kenneth Pincus, Jun 23, 2020
  3. file names

When I name a file and use some caps and some lower case letters why is file explorer changing it to all lower case?

CatherineLagaris, Jun 23, 2020
  4. SamElad Win User

Naming a file with cap letter

Cat killed my CAP LOCK Beep sound :-(

I've done the steps listed here before joining this forum. None of these work.
    but I do have it setup now to flash the window if I press the caps.
    I may just try the restore option and roll back drivers,,,

SamElad, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Naming a file with cap letter

1. Naming a file with cap letter - Similar Threads - Naming file cap

2. Cannot add letters to alarm name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add letters to alarm name.: Cannot add letters, numbers or special characters to alarm name, but can add the punctuation on the 2/3 keys to the right of P, L and M.Have tried edit old alarm, add new one. Any ideas?, it used to work....
  3. Cannot add letters to alarm name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add letters to alarm name.: Cannot add letters, numbers or special characters to alarm name, but can add the punctuation on the 2/3 keys to the right of P, L and M.Have tried edit old alarm, add new one. Any ideas?, it used to work....
  4. only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...: I am using dell external keyboard for my laptop i dont know what buttons i have pressed now even if caps lock is off only letter A is typing in capital letter and others are working properly even when i am pressing shift key it is automatically typing A letter....
  5. only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    only letter A is typing in capital letter while caps lock is off other keys are working...: I am using dell external keyboard for my laptop i dont know what buttons i have pressed now even if caps lock is off only letter A is typing in capital letter and others are working properly even when i am pressing shift key it is automatically typing A letter....
  6. can not backup long files named with random numbers and letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not backup long files named with random numbers and letters: why does my backup exclude the long files made up of random numbers and letters? What are they? I did not create them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-backup-long-files-named-with-random/14fc2dfa-76b4-46b4-bc65-837bd1d5a79a
  7. File Explorer : Left hand column anomaly, drv letter, not name

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer : Left hand column anomaly, drv letter, not name: W10 Pro x64 - Ver 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) All of my main navigation pane folders which can be moved from their default location, have been. Music and Videos kept on separate drives. Yet the left hand pane in File Explorer shows the VIDEO drive by its drive letter, rather...
  8. Bold Letters for File Names – How?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bold Letters for File Names – How?: I use Windows 10. How can I make my file names in Documents to be bold? Thanks, Jerry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bold-letters-for-file-names-how/72daca93-ef6e-4dca-b43c-abf1c2adc3a3"
  9. Documents folder name in chinese letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents folder name in chinese letters: Hello! i bought a surface pro m3, 2017 i belive. Finished set up and now i went into the libraries folder and noticed theres no documents folder but in its place a chinese characters folder with the documents icon, there is anothe but dont know what folder it is. Set up,...
  10. Quick Find By Typing First Few Letters Of File Name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Find By Typing First Few Letters Of File Name?: i REALLY miss, and don't know why i can't do it with Windows 10, typing the first few letters of a file name and having it automatically highlighted!!! i tried googling this, but i can't find it. i would be surprised if no one else has talked about this though so many be i...