Windows 10: naming document takes 2 tries

Discus and support naming document takes 2 tries in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far. Start again Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by suemcp001, Mar 14, 2019.

1. suemcp001 Win User

naming document takes 2 tries

Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far.

Start again

Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet

Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little box tyhat will then enable me to save such doc that I have to type it twice. 99 out of 100 times, I have to retype it as it disappears. Often I get to the end and it leaves the box, or the computer - Windows 10 - waits until I press enter to get the computer to accept it, and then it will go right back to the official name - New Microsoft Word Document. Why is it so slow? Am I typing too fast? Sometimes I have to wait for the computer to catch up on what I'm typing.

these problems aren't new. But I am so frustrated with this partciular problem as I try to save short documents as they occur, and yes I am facing a deadline, 2 deadlines and I cannot waste my time and mental health having to tyhpe titles twice.

It must have something to do with numbers, that I use too many that the computer thinks I may not be certain of what I'm doing. I have tried to disconnect Edge and Cloud, and so on as I think they do interfere with me doing it my way. I have bought a new mouse, checked drivers, and looked at mouse and keyboard and typing options. I don't know what else to do.

FW10

:)

suemcp001, Mar 14, 2019
  2. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Mar 14, 2019
  3. How to view scanned documents by date rather then name

Hello,

I suggest you to try the following steps to sort the documents by Date instead of
    Name.

1. Open the document folder.

2. Right click on the free space anywhere, and select Sort by date.

Do let us know if you need any further assistance regarding Windows. We will be glad to assist to you.

Regards,

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 14, 2019
  4. naming document takes 2 tries

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

naming document takes 2 tries

1. naming document takes 2 tries - Similar Threads - naming document takes

2. How can Microsoft fix the problem of having to type in the name of a document 2 times...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can Microsoft fix the problem of having to type in the name of a document 2 times...: I have to type the title in 2 times, because it doesn't quite catch but disappears when I click on it as done. So then I have to retype it and it is accepted. I have to do this every single time I make a new doc. I have already gone through the process of replacing the old...
  3. naming document takes 2 tries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    naming document takes 2 tries: Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far. Start again Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet . Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little...
  4. Documents folder name in chinese letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents folder name in chinese letters: Hello! i bought a surface pro m3, 2017 i belive. Finished set up and now i went into the libraries folder and noticed theres no documents folder but in its place a chinese characters folder with the documents icon, there is anothe but dont know what folder it is. Set up,...
  5. THERE'S A FAKE CONTEST TAKING YOUR NAME MICROSOFT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    THERE'S A FAKE CONTEST TAKING YOUR NAME MICROSOFT: Hello there's a page called https://organizejobs.net/es/ that's taking your name "Microsoft" to make people give their credit cards numbers with the excuse that we have won an award making us believe we can win iphone x , Samsung9 and a play station 4 just answering 3...
  6. Showing Documents folder name in backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Showing Documents folder name in backup: I am running the Cobian backup program. I set it to back up the Documents directory. It give it a file name "Documents 2017-06-04 15;42;51 (Full)" which appears that way when looked at through Powershell and through alternative file managers. [img] Powershell...
  7. Why 2 documents folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why 2 documents folders?: I am trying to figure out why I see 2 of many profile folders, such as documents, music, pics, videos. I tried deleting one, and it deletes the other. They are not duplicates, but I cannot figure out what purpose this is serving. Anyone? [img] 6061
  8. Folder name change does not take

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder name change does not take: Hi everyone, After using Macs for the past 20 years, I am in the process of switching to PCs. My last Mac was a 2012 Mac-mini, which I liked very much. Unfortunately, it recently died due to a logic board problem. The current minis have soldered in RAM, which is something...
  9. Boot up takes 2 hours!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot up takes 2 hours!: Alright so after long hours of research I have narrowed down y problem. Long story short I messed with the permissions of my C:\Windows directory and sure enough it has caused issues. Now my computer when powering on will show a light blue screen with spinning dots for hours...
  10. Bootup Takes Two Tries

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootup Takes Two Tries: I have a strange anomaly with my HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx Entertainment Notebook that had Windows 8.1installed. When I started bootup, it got so far and froze up. I had to do a hard shutdown. On the second try, the laptop starts, but takes an inordinately long time to get to...