Windows 10: naming document takes 2 tries

Discus and support naming document takes 2 tries in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far. Start again Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by suemcp001, Mar 14, 2019.

1. suemcp001 Win User

naming document takes 2 tries

Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far.

Start again

Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet

Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little box tyhat will then enable me to save such doc that I have to type it twice. 99 out of 100 times, I have to retype it as it disappears. Often I get to the end and it leaves the box, or the computer - Windows 10 - waits until I press enter to get the computer to accept it, and then it will go right back to the official name - New Microsoft Word Document. Why is it so slow? Am I typing too fast? Sometimes I have to wait for the computer to catch up on what I'm typing.

these problems aren't new. But I am so frustrated with this partciular problem as I try to save short documents as they occur, and yes I am facing a deadline, 2 deadlines and I cannot waste my time and mental health having to tyhpe titles twice.

It must have something to do with numbers, that I use too many that the computer thinks I may not be certain of what I'm doing. I have tried to disconnect Edge and Cloud, and so on as I think they do interfere with me doing it my way. I have bought a new mouse, checked drivers, and looked at mouse and keyboard and typing options. I don't know what else to do.

FW10

:)

suemcp001, Mar 14, 2019
  2. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Mar 14, 2019
  3. How to view scanned documents by date rather then name

Hello,

I suggest you to try the following steps to sort the documents by Date instead of
    Name.

1. Open the document folder.

2. Right click on the free space anywhere, and select Sort by date.

Do let us know if you need any further assistance regarding Windows. We will be glad to assist to you.

Regards,

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 14, 2019
  4. naming document takes 2 tries

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

naming document takes 2 tries

1. naming document takes 2 tries - Similar Threads - naming document takes

2. Document folder name Discrepancy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document folder name Discrepancy: When setting up onedrive on my new computer, It started syncing and downloading all the files in our onedrive cloud, including those from other directories that we created using our web browser. I eventually stopped the sync and disabled/deleted onedrive, but now when I try...
  3. Documents folder name change

Documents folder name change: I accidently changed the name of the Documents folder to D: trying to redirect its location to my D:Data drive. Does anyone know how I can change it back to Documents?...
  4. trying to view 2 documents at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to view 2 documents at the same time: i want to see 2 documents at the same time in word, i have clicked view side by side...etc etc...the 2 documents are open but they dont use the entire screen. I have turned off the entire snap window functionality since that was supposed to solve the matter it hasnt. HELP...
  5. Scanning 2-sided documents

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning 2-sided documents: I am trying to scan two sided documents using the feeder and it is only scanning one side. How do I get it to scan both sides? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-2-sided-documents/bd82e071-4aa5-4fe0-a50b-b48a4c020a1b
  6. Batch document name query?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch document name query?: Hello I want to write a batch program that creates a custom variable and compares it to all the names of text documents in a given location and if the names and the variable match, it performs one action and if not another. Does anyone have any idea how this might work?...
  7. DOCUMENTS AND PICTURE FILE NAMES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOCUMENTS AND PICTURE FILE NAMES: All my photo and document filenames have changed randomly to a load of numbers and letters? using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-and-picture-file-names/cf7c2c41-08b8-4d9b-91c2-ef9958bb2b7d
  8. Viewing 2 documents

Viewing 2 documents: I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I am trying to view 2 different documents at a time to compare the 2. I went to display settings and it is on "extend view". I can drag my files from my desktop over to the new monitor but the screen is dark and only the files...
  9. Re-naming Notepad Documents

Re-naming Notepad Documents: I recently read a 2016 post seeking information on renaming a Windows Notepad text document. The procedure is simple and straight forward. Locate the file in your 'documents' folder (or wherever you've saved it.) Right-click on the document (do not open it) then scroll...
  10. naming document takes 2 tries

naming document takes 2 tries: Whay is it - I have just lost my page twice so far. Start again Place mouse in centre field. Now type. Oh for mod cons. and 30 years since I first got onto the internet . Now. Why is it when I go to name a document - ie =type a name and put it in the spce in the little...