Windows 10: Naming Glitch in Start Menu

Discus and support Naming Glitch in Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having this dumb problem with my Windows 10. The Name of "Windows Security" is replaced with "Set up Onedrive" Please tell me how do I fix it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BaibhavDtl, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Naming Glitch in Start Menu

I am having this dumb problem with my Windows 10. The Name of "Windows Security" is replaced with "Set up Onedrive" Please tell me how do I fix it. I have tried restarting the explorer from the task manager and also have tried restarting my computer.

:)

BaibhavDtl, Apr 23, 2021

2. How to disable User name from Start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that you would like to remove user name from Start menu. 3

I would like to inform you that this feature is by design and would not be able to delete the User name from the Start menu.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

However you may, customize the Start menu tiles. Follow the below steps:

• Type Settings on the search bar and select
      Settings.
    2. Click on
    Personalization and choose Start.

Here you will be able to customize the Start screen as you wish.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Apr 23, 2021
  4. #VSingh Win User

Naming Glitch in Start Menu

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Naming Glitch in Start Menu

1. Naming Glitch in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Naming Glitch Start

2. Weird visual start menu glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird visual start menu glitch: My start menu sometimes got really annoying glitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-start-menu-glitch/fc9e7019-b41e-4229-9d0b-e27264a2308a
  3. Weird visual start menu glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird visual start menu glitch: My start menu sometimes got really annoying glitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-start-menu-glitch/fc9e7019-b41e-4229-9d0b-e27264a2308a
  4. Microsoft start menu weird glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft start menu weird glitch: Whenever I open anything Microsoft example start menu or Xbox app or the Microsoft store it just does this https://youtu.be/MNtuRoiILN0 pls help I just want to use the xbox app to talk to my friends but I cant pls pls help...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Glitch

Windows 10 Start Menu Tiles Glitch: After the Windows 10 20H2 update, apps and programs have lost the colored background that they use to have and now have a color that's depended on your theme. But there seems to be a problem with certain applications backgrounds and the icons. For example Adobe Animate CC...
  6. Duplicate start menu item name

Duplicate start menu item name: [IMG]This is a quick question I dont need answered but how could I remove the 1 after the file explorer option or computer on the start menu i got this after the 2004 upgrade...
  7. Start Menu Transparency glitch

Start Menu Transparency glitch: I'm using W10 1903 build and I noticed there's a glitch with the transparency effect. As you can see in the attached gif, start menu opens in full transparency and suddendly become blurry, this does not happen with the notification panel (but on another laptop I got the same...
  8. My Start Menu is glitching out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Start Menu is glitching out: I went to turn my computer off tonight and when i hit the power button that usually gives me the option of hitting power sleep or restart, the "mouse" or selector thing( i dont know what to call it, if i did i probably wouldnt be here needing help lol) moved to the upper...
  9. Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode: Start Menu is completely unusuable in Safe mode on Windows 10. I'm not asking for a fix because I know there isn't one. Microsoft releases an operating system without confirming if its basic functions "Safe Mode" even work. This is quite disappointing. I've been a...
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954