Windows 10: Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer

Discus and support Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I try naming a new folder Windows 10 sees to constantly refresh, deleting letters and worlds. here is what I have done and have on my PC:-I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UKYank66, Jul 23, 2021.

1. UKYank66 Win User

Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer

Every time I try naming a new folder Windows 10 sees to constantly refresh, deleting letters and worlds. here is what I have done and have on my PC:-I don't download any non-standard software to my PC-I run Webroot antivirus software-Run defrags weekly-Clean my hard drive weekly-I deleted almost every app from my PC trying to fix this-When that didnt work I took a backup and ran Microsoft's new install app on my PC-Currently on my PC I only have the following apps:365OneNoteOne DriveEdgeAdobe ReaderChromeDiscordThink Or SwimWebrootWebullTradingViewAnd I am still having the problem. Any help wo

:)

UKYank66, Jul 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer

Win10 File Explorer will not allow naming a new folder

Just downloaded Windows 10. In File Explorer I tried to create a new folder, but could not enter a name. The box closed and reverted to New Folder. Tried Rename, but box closed after entering first letter. Also in list of folders, keeps auto scrolling to
    top.

Edit:

Link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-rename/3d93fe8a-6041-4d2b-97a0-8fd7cc4f1a2d

Title:

File Explorer will not rename

Just downloaded Windows 10. In File Explorer I tried to create a new folder, but could not enter a name. The box closed and reverted to New Folder. Tried Rename, but box closed after entering first letter.
    Also in list of folders, keeps auto scrolling to top.

No color problems, so do not understand first reply.

AngusScully, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer

1. Naming NEW folders - Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Naming folders Explorer

2. Cannot give name to new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot give name to new folder: When I create a new folder in windows explorer, I click "new" and then select folder in the drop down menu. The folder is created but I do not have the possibility to give it a name anymore. As if some one is pressing "enter" for me. The cursor jumps directly from the folder...
  3. Cannot give name to new folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot give name to new folder: When I create a new folder in windows explorer, I click "new" and then select folder in the drop down menu. The folder is created but I do not have the possibility to give it a name anymore. As if some one is pressing "enter" for me. The cursor jumps directly from the folder...
  4. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  5. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  6. Windows 10 file explorer - issues typing in name of a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer - issues typing in name of a new folder: I am copying old client data backup files off of DVD's to Onedrive. Part of the process is that I first enter file explorer and create a new folder in my Documents file. I copy the DVD data to the new folder, I then move the new folder to Onedrive. This simple thing is...
  7. Unable to create a new OneDrive folder with the proper name in Windows Explorer

Unable to create a new OneDrive folder with the proper name in Windows Explorer: I'm trying to create a subfolder in OneDrive\Pictures named Nineteen. Every time I type a letter after the N it causes a bunch of random name flashing and then a folder called N appears. If I type fast enough, I can get Ni before it fails. Once it named the folder...
  8. Files and folders names in explorer

Files and folders names in explorer: Letters in the name of files or folders in explorer are separated. For example, look at the screenshots:[ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can see, the name is written as a single word, but, when i save it, it separates. How to solve this problem? I have the latest Windows 10 2004...
  9. Change New Folder Name Template in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Folder Name Template in Windows: How to: Change New Folder Name Template in Windows How to Change Default New Folder Name Template in Windows A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders). When you...
  10. How to change the name of a new folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the name of a new folder?: When I create a new folder, I cannot rename it? Is there a magic trick to doing this? 15058