Windows 10: NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

Discus and support NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years. The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay. My problem is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Mar 29, 2019.

1. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years.

The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay.

My problem is not getting it to scan a multiple page batch.

I finally caught on that in the front end when they say "single scan" they mean one run of pages not just one page. I have tried the other setting but still only get one page from the batch.

So > Scan>Batch Scan > Single Scan > Load pages to NAPS2.>Start

Runs the batch well enough but all it keeps is the last page.

Wondering if this is s pitfall of running the app on the Brother Scanner?

The Brother is locking me out for anything other than one sheet scanning?

Or is this a common problem with this / other second source scanning apps?

Should I try a different app?

Any thoughts or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

:)

mikeincousa, Mar 29, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Good Free Scanning software

Need a good free scanning software for a Brother MFC-8220 scanner

wolf2009, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Network Scanning with Brother MFC-8870DW

I have a Brother MFC-8870DW Printer/Scanner/Fax. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 I was able to print and scan over the network. After upgrading to Windows 10 I can only print over the network. I can only scan if I am directly connected to the device with
    a USB cable.

I contacted Brother about the issue and they told me that Microsoft is responsible for the functionality of the built-in driver starting with Windows 8. Does Microsoft have a driver or application that allows network scanning with the Brother MFC-8870DW?

RobertGerovski, Mar 29, 2019
  4. MPSAN Win User

NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?

I can Scan from my Brother MFC-8840D using the Scan on the Start Menu or the Scan and FAX. I even have the option to save it as a PDF and this all works. However it wants to save each page. Is there any way to configure it to scan several pages from the FlatBed and not the ADF and have 1 PDF?
    If not, has anyone used the FREE NAPS2 program?

MPSAN, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

1. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500 - Similar Threads - NAPS2 Scanning Software

2. Windows Fax and Scan software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan software: On previous versions of the software I was able to select "color; black&white;gray-scale" before scanning my document. Now the version of the software I have with my new laptop only appears to scan in "color" mode. How do I correct this?...
  3. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500: I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years. The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay. My problem is not getting it to scan a multiple page batch. I finally caught on that in the front end when they say "single scan" they mean one run...
  4. Scanning on Brother machine to W 10

Scanning on Brother machine to W 10: Cannot link Brother MFC-L8690CDW to PC using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-on-brother-machine-to-w-10/b0b8082d-030a-4cd0-983d-380bba00658e
  5. Trying to load Brother MFC-J835DW software on this computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to load Brother MFC-J835DW software on this computer?: I recently received a Dell Latitude E6430 Laptop. It was refurbished and had several good qualities like Windows 10 Pro, 8 gigabit of Ram. That's about all the information I have gotten as it came with no documentation. I need to read the book. Many Dell and Microsoft...
  6. How do I scan multiple pages into a single document using a Brother MFC 240C

How do I scan multiple pages into a single document using a Brother MFC 240C: How do I scan multiple pages into a single document using a Brother MFC 240C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-multiple-pages-into-a-single/7fe2378f-f1af-4788-9cce-b1db819ed578
  7. Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...
  8. Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!

Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...
  9. Problem with Scanning from MFC Scanner to Surface Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Scanning from MFC Scanner to Surface Laptop: Scan App on Laptop controls the Brother MFC scanner but always get an error immediately prior to the scanned document saving to the Laptop. Using Scan App on iPhone works well. MFC Scanner error message suggests it might be a Firewall issue? How do I check Firewall issue...
  10. Chrome Scans for Unwanted Software

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Scans for Unwanted Software: I would think so as it appears to be a skinny downed "AV" product. Most folks on this forum are aware of what is on their machine and I think they understand what is going on the Internet. That said lots of people aren't and malware is everywhere. A couple of months back...