Windows 10: NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

Discus and support NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years. The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay. My problem is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikeincousa, Mar 29, 2019.

1. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years.

The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay.

My problem is not getting it to scan a multiple page batch.

I finally caught on that in the front end when they say "single scan" they mean one run of pages not just one page. I have tried the other setting but still only get one page from the batch.

So > Scan>Batch Scan > Single Scan > Load pages to NAPS2.>Start

Runs the batch well enough but all it keeps is the last page.

Wondering if this is s pitfall of running the app on the Brother Scanner?

The Brother is locking me out for anything other than one sheet scanning?

Or is this a common problem with this / other second source scanning apps?

Should I try a different app?

Any thoughts or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

:)

mikeincousa, Mar 29, 2019
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Good Free Scanning software

Need a good free scanning software for a Brother MFC-8220 scanner

wolf2009, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Network Scanning with Brother MFC-8870DW

I have a Brother MFC-8870DW Printer/Scanner/Fax. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 I was able to print and scan over the network. After upgrading to Windows 10 I can only print over the network. I can only scan if I am directly connected to the device with
    a USB cable.

I contacted Brother about the issue and they told me that Microsoft is responsible for the functionality of the built-in driver starting with Windows 8. Does Microsoft have a driver or application that allows network scanning with the Brother MFC-8870DW?

RobertGerovski, Mar 29, 2019
  4. MPSAN Win User

NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?

I can Scan from my Brother MFC-8840D using the Scan on the Start Menu or the Scan and FAX. I even have the option to save it as a PDF and this all works. However it wants to save each page. Is there any way to configure it to scan several pages from the FlatBed and not the ADF and have 1 PDF?
    If not, has anyone used the FREE NAPS2 program?

MPSAN, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

1. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500 - Similar Threads - NAPS2 Scanning Software

2. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  3. Brother MFC 746DN - Scanning with Blue tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC 746DN - Scanning with Blue tint: Have a Brothers MFC-7460DN. When scanning the pages come out with a faint blue background. Any Ideas?Thanks, Brad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-746dn-scanning-with-blue-tint/2be377d4-43b3-494c-8bee-b55c6b27a566
  4. Brother MFC 746DN - Scanning with Blue tint

Brother MFC 746DN - Scanning with Blue tint: Have a Brothers MFC-7460DN. When scanning the pages come out with a faint blue background. Any Ideas?Thanks, Brad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-746dn-scanning-with-blue-tint/2be377d4-43b3-494c-8bee-b55c6b27a566
  5. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  6. Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem

Brother MFC 490CW Scanning Problem: I have a Brother MFC 490CW all-in-one using Windows 11. My unit is malfunctioning in the Scan to Email, Scan to OCR, Scan to Image functions. However, the Scan to File option is working.In comparing the Windows 10 versus Windows 11 software download offerings for this model...
  7. NAPS2 not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NAPS2 not scanning: Hi Everyone. Before I updated to WIN11, I was able to scan using NAPS2. Now all I get is a message saying "scanner is offline". I have powered down my modem, I have uninstalled and reinstalled NAPS2, I have check connections, and I still get the message saying scanner is...
  8. NAPS2 not scanning

NAPS2 not scanning: Hi Everyone. Before I updated to WIN11, I was able to scan using NAPS2. Now all I get is a message saying "scanner is offline". I have powered down my modem, I have uninstalled and reinstalled NAPS2, I have check connections, and I still get the message saying scanner is...
  9. Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother MFC-L2750DW Printer scans but does not print anymore: Hello, I purchased a new Brother printer about 4 months ago and it was working fine over my network at home, also from my android phone however i travel between offices and on the road regularly and i'm back at home and cannot print over my network, however using the...
  10. NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500

in Windows 10 Support
    NAPS2 Scanning Software | Not scanning a batch via Brother MFC-8500: I have an antique Brother MFC 8500 running after not using it for many years. The drivers are native to W1O so that is okay. My problem is not getting it to scan a multiple page batch. I finally caught on that in the front end when they say "single scan" they mean one run...