Windows 10: Narrator problems reading Words document

Discus and support Narrator problems reading Words document in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When reading a Word document in Narrator, every few minutes, the reading of a word is wrong. The reading is of the first few letters and then the rest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisBickell, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Narrator problems reading Words document

When reading a Word document in Narrator, every few minutes, the reading of a word is wrong. The reading is of the first few letters and then the rest of the word. If I just read the word by itself, the pronunciation is correct.

:)

ChrisBickell, Jan 30, 2020

2. How to make Narrator read ENTIRE Word Document (Windows 10)?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to fix it.

Narrator reads what is displayed on the screen, including the contents of the active window, menu options, or text that has been typed. Narrator is designed to work with Notepad, WordPad, Control Panel programs, Internet Explorer, the Windows desktop,
    and some parts of Windows Setup, and may not read words aloud correctly in other programs.

Please try to disable and enable narrator and check if it helps:

1. The quickest way of getting into the Settings in Windows 10 is from everyone’s favorite, Start Menu. When you make a click on Start Menu, you will notice Settings listed there. Click on it and your Settings window will be opened.
    2. As you have entered the Settings, you see many options listed. Find out Ease of Access and click on it.
    3. The Ease of Access will again list you many options under it. And by default Narrator is selected at the lists on the top.
    4. Select the option that allows you to use the slider and switch off the Narrator and again switch on.

Also, refer the below link for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/hear-text-read-aloud-narrator#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Jan 30, 2020
  3. annie Win User
    How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Jan 30, 2020
  4. OmegaFury Win User

Narrator problems reading Words document

How to make Narrator read ENTIRE Word Document (Windows 10)?

Sincere apologies.

I completely forgot about this question. Thank you, though, for the help. I circumvented the problem by using Microsoft Word's own Narrator-esque program.

I went to Word, from there:

File>Options>Customize Ribbon>Choose Commands From>All Commands>Speak>Add>OK.

In the upper left corner where the drop-down menus are, you should then see a small dialogue bubble with a blue play arrow. Highlight the text you want the computer to read (it sometimes will read the entire document without highlighting, emphasis on sometimes!)
    and there you go.

It doesn't take too long and you don't have to listen to the drone of the Narrator whenever you start clicking or typing.

Again, sorry for being so late. Thanks for the help.

OmegaFury, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Narrator problems reading Words document

1. Narrator problems reading Words document - Similar Threads - Narrator problems reading

2. Crackle speaker on narrator reading text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackle speaker on narrator reading text: The speaker on my new laptop makes a crackling sound when I use the narrator to read on-screen text. While playing games and listening to music, speakers function perfectly. Also, when I use the narrator with headphones, there is no crackling sound.Is there anything wrong...
  3. Crackle speaker on narrator reading text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackle speaker on narrator reading text: The speaker on my new laptop makes a crackling sound when I use the narrator to read on-screen text. While playing games and listening to music, speakers function perfectly. Also, when I use the narrator with headphones, there is no crackling sound.Is there anything wrong...
  4. word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document: My word document isnt opening up on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document/8a0d49a1-2a9b-4d81-b0ab-2d0b28a561bd
  5. Have the narrator read my selection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have the narrator read my selection?: I have a question about the narrator that goes beyond its core purpose (accessibility). Is there a way to use the narrator (or other Windows tool) to read aloud any of the following? A text file My clipboard contents A text selection (like something I highlight, formatted...
  6. Word Documents

Word Documents: Hi There, I hope someone in the Community has an answer , the other day while saving a Document to a drive i noticed that all the files now had the % percent sign in between every word of the file name ?Is this a virus , or is it corruption of word?Appreciate any help/advice...
  7. Can Cortana read my word document?

in Cortana
    Can Cortana read my word document?: Just wondering if Cortana reds documents and how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-cortana-read-my-word-document/63ef1a17-7f92-418e-b5a8-c0a2cf23336d
  8. how to covert a Microsoft word read only document to a normal document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to covert a Microsoft word read only document to a normal document: how to convert a Microsoft read only word document to a normal document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-covert-a-microsoft-word-read-only-document/0bcf4118-70e3-4cab-a80d-3056b23f48a7"
  9. note pad word pad reading documents

note pad word pad reading documents: whenever I open docs in word pad or note pad it is in script that I cant read hod do I translate to normal reading ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/note-pad-word-pad-reading-documents/e9d0f461-5cb9-42c9-92ce-21f23fa4312d
  10. Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10 How to Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low...