Windows 10: Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled.

Discus and support Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled. I have triple checked the settings and Narrator is turned off. I am blind and do use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by randy2112, Jan 7, 2021.

1. randy2112 Win User

Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled.

So, Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled. I have triple checked the settings and Narrator is turned off. I am blind and do use a screenreader called Jaws and it is my primary screenreader and is what I hear when navigating my PC. But for example when my printer goes to sleep or wakes up Narrator will read the anouncement even though it is disabled and I am useing Jaws. Narrator will speak other anouncements from time to time also. I have no idea why it is doing this. I did find one other report of this in a Google search but that was it and there wasn't a solution.
    Windows 10 Ver. 20H2.

:)

randy2112, Jan 7, 2021

2. Narrator voice randomly speaking on Windows 10

I did try it, and yes it did show up in the taskbar. When I turned it back off, it stayed off; so I really don't have any further suggestions as to why your narrator voice is randomly speaking when you have it disabled other than the possibility that it is somehow not being disabled when you select that option.

Perhaps someone else will have some further insight to the glitch you are experiencing and a possible remedy.

Post back if you find any further information about the situation.

Sorry I could not be of further assistance.

EDIT:

I did find however, that if you access the narrator from Control Panel, this screen comes up:

Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled. [​IMG]

So essentially, a different set of settings is accessible from what I can see:

EyeInTheSky, Jan 7, 2021
  3. madmax2 Win User
    Narrator voice randomly speaking on Windows 10

Yeah I thanks, didn't know another narrator setting was in the change sign in settings..

I had a look at mine one and it does not look any different to your screenshot

I still do not know what is causing this problem.

madmax2, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled.

Narrator voice randomly speaking on Windows 10

Thanks for the clarification.

I would recommend updating to 1809 because I have way more settings than you do in your 1803 version; unless you just didn't post all of your settings. In either case, I would highly recommend version 1809, as it is the latest Windows build.

EyeInTheSky, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled.

1. Narrator randomly speaks anouncements even when disabled. - Similar Threads - Narrator randomly speaks

2. Narrator start casually, impossible to disable it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator start casually, impossible to disable it.: Please help me disable the voice of windows 11 forever because it prevent me from using the programs I work with. I wat to delete from disk and unistall this feature beause it is damaging me by preventing me from continuing my work that require Alt and Ctrl key combinations....
  3. Narrator start casually, impossible to disable it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator start casually, impossible to disable it.: Please help me disable the voice of windows 11 forever because it prevent me from using the programs I work with. I wat to delete from disk and unistall this feature beause it is damaging me by preventing me from continuing my work that require Alt and Ctrl key combinations....
  4. Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.: I am plagued by narrator speaking whenever I copy an item, including in Word, Excel, File Explorer, audio files. I have turned narrator off in the accessibility settings, but it makes no difference....
  5. Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.

Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.: I am plagued by narrator speaking whenever I copy an item, including in Word, Excel, File Explorer, audio files. I have turned narrator off in the accessibility settings, but it makes no difference....
  6. Narrator is speaking whenever I copy an item, even though it is turned off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Narrator is speaking space at the end for a blank textbox, this is miss guiding user

Narrator is speaking space at the end for a blank textbox, this is miss guiding user: I am using Narrator in Chrome browser for accessibility purposes, after the recent Windows update when I start using our web application there narrator is speaking space at the end for a blank textbox. If the textbox does not contain any text/number then it should not speak...
  8. Narrator voice randomly speaking on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator voice randomly speaking on Windows 10: I am experience annoying problem where this narrator voice will randomly speak I made sure Use Narrator is turn turned off and unchecked the shortcut key. But I am still experience this problem of the voice randomly speaking. Windows version : 1803 119983
  9. Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking: How to: Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking How to Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a...
  10. How to disable narrator in windows 10

How to disable narrator in windows 10: Hi guys, Can anyone tell me how to disable narrator in windows 10 ? Regards. 57368