Windows 10: nas connect problem

Discus and support nas connect problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; using a medio nas with windows 7 and no problem now upgraded to windows 10 and can not connect to nas anymore using the explorer or command window to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by przytula, Aug 19, 2016.

1. przytula Win User

nas connect problem

using a medio nas with windows 7 and no problem
    now upgraded to windows 10 and can not connect to nas anymore
    using the explorer or command window to map the drive
    C:\Users\guy>net use y: \\192.168.1.2\MyLibrary
    System error 53 has occurred.
    The network path was not found.
    I still can connect through the browser interface.. all files are visible and usable
    seen many entries in many forums, but all pointing to disable samba3 protocol
    did this and still getting the same result
    is the anybody that could help me or give a hint where to look at
    thanks for all updates
    best regards, Guy

:)

przytula, Aug 19, 2016

2. Personalized settings (not responding) after installing cumulative updates

No NAS connected same problem.

Try again, please!!!!!!!!!!

GerardPrins, Aug 19, 2016
  3. aheinlein Win User
    Cannot connect to my F2-NAS2 - Problem with local security database contains an internal inconsistency

I have Windows 10 since it came out and it connected to a Terra-Master F2-NAS2 . There was no problem at all with the NAS until I installed the firmware for Terra-Master. The problem started right after the upgrade. Yes,
    it could be the NAS and the firmware but I am wondering if I could repair something on the Windows PCs. I was told I cannot roll the firmware upgrade.

What happens is that the NAS just disconnects after a while and I cannot reconnect and I get this error .

nas connect problem [​IMG]

I disconnected the NAS drive and then tried to reconnect and then I get this error

I cannot connect with the browser to the NAS either!!!

The problem happens on all Windows PCs connected to the NAS. Microsoft recommends to reboot the PC and check again but that doesn’t resolve the problem.

All I can do is hit the power button on the NAS and restart it.

It will work for a while but then the same problem reoccurs. I installed a Virtual LINUX machine and the LINUX machine can access the NAS with no problem.

Please HELP!!!!!

aheinlein, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

nas connect problem

check that Netbios Over TCPIP is Enabled on all computers , Win10 disables it on some systems , and you end up with some computers seeing but not seen etc on the Lan. ( its on the Advanced Tab of the IPV4 , on the Wins Tab.)

Kbird, Aug 19, 2016
  5. przytula Win User
    thanks for the answer - this corrected my problem
    best regards, Guy

przytula, Aug 20, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Great news *Smile , it seems that "Default" does not work for every computer / situation , it worked for me too.

KB

Kbird, Aug 20, 2016
  7. wolflead6 Win User
    Thanks, solved my problem

wolflead6, Sep 2, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

nas connect problem

Nice *Smile thanks for reporting back and confirming it works for others too.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

nas connect problem

1. nas connect problem - Similar Threads - nas connect problem

2. connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem: good morning. i have an issue with connecting to my NAS which I can not seem to correct. I am able to view the file names using File Explorer, but, when i try to open the files i run into a credentials road block. This issue has just popped up in the last two or three days....
  3. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem: I have laptop PC running windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.1466. I have a Seagate NAS 220 connected to my router. I can access the network shares on my phone and my ANdroid tablet but not my windows pc. I have set netbios in IPV4, I have set sharing in network sharing...
  4. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem: I have laptop PC running windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.1466. I have a Seagate NAS 220 connected to my router. I can access the network shares on my phone and my ANdroid tablet but not my windows pc. I have set netbios in IPV4, I have set sharing in network sharing...
  5. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem: I have windows 10 home version. I installed a NAS drive connected to my router. The only account that can find it is the Administrator account. I have set all of the required setting and yet nothing. Can anyone please help?...
  7. Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem

Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem: I have windows 10 home version. I installed a NAS drive connected to my router. The only account that can find it is the Administrator account. I have set all of the required setting and yet nothing. Can anyone please help?...
  8. NAS connection intermittent

NAS connection intermittent: Hello Everybody! I have a PC with Windows 10 installed on a network along with another 20 PCs. This one particular PC is losing the connection to our NAS every once in a while for no apparent reason and then it restores itself in a day or two have to reconnect the drives...
  9. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  10. connection to my NAS

connection to my NAS: hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name and password) If i...