Windows 10: NAS connection intermittent

Discus and support NAS connection intermittent in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Everybody! I have a PC with Windows 10 installed on a network along with another 20 PCs. This one particular PC is losing the connection to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZsoltKulcsar, Oct 14, 2020.

1. NAS connection intermittent

Hello Everybody!

I have a PC with Windows 10 installed on a network along with another 20 PCs.

This one particular PC is losing the connection to our NAS every once in a while for no apparent reason and then it restores itself in a day or two have to reconnect the drives though.

One of the strangest part is that when it is losing the connection there is just no way of getting it back until it changes it's mind.

When there is no connection I can still PING the IP address of the NAS, but it does not show on the network at all.

It is the same settings and same environment as far as I can tell as the other PCs.

Any ideas are welcomed.

Thank you.

:)

ZsoltKulcsar, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 14, 2020
  4. NAS connection intermittent

cannot find NAS drives on windows 10 Wi Fi (intermittent)

I have 2 NAS drives attached to my network

I do not have any third party software for my network on the windows 10 machines

I have 4 windows 10 computers

1 desktop is connected via Ethernet cable to my wifi router

2 laptops connect via wifi

1 desktop attached to my TV connects via wifi

all are connected to the same workgroup

I have 2 NAS drives attached by Ethernet cable to my router

I have recently upgraded all machines from windows 7 professional

Windows 7 machines ALWAYS found my NAS drives on the network whether connected via wifi or Ethernet, I never had any problems.

I am now having intermittent problems finding the NAS drives in 'Network' with the Wi Fi connected machines

sometimes they show the NAS Drives, sometimes they don't.

Windows 10 is not reliable I cannot work

does anyone have an answer to this please? otherwise I will have to revert back to windows 7

windows

RobertUscroft, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

NAS connection intermittent

1. NAS connection intermittent - Similar Threads - NAS connection intermittent

2. Intermittent wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent wifi connection: Ever since windows 11 was downloaded on my laptop it has had intermittent wifi connection issues. It runs fine connected for several minutes but after a while it acts as though there is no wifi connection even though it shows that it has connection. The router isn’t the...
  3. Wifi connectivity intermittent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connectivity intermittent: Hi, we have end devices running on windows with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265.It has been sometime after identifying this intermittent connectivity issue when the Laptop is plug into power supply.Anyone has similar issue when the device was plug into power supply and get's...
  4. Wifi connectivity intermittent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connectivity intermittent: Hi, we have end devices running on windows with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265.It has been sometime after identifying this intermittent connectivity issue when the Laptop is plug into power supply.Anyone has similar issue when the device was plug into power supply and get's...
  5. Intermittent Connection Failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Connection Failure: There is a website server that is getting intermittent connection failures. The log is showing just a 500 status. This is what the log shows me from time to time. /login.aspNULL200 /NULL302...
  6. Intermittent connection issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intermittent connection issues: I've had issues connecting to wifi for a little while now. When I turn on my laptop it says no wifi networks can be found. I've tried various methods as well as restarting my laptop several times until the problem seems to resolve on its own. My wifi then works for the rest...
  7. Intermittent Network Connectivity

Intermittent Network Connectivity: Hi, So I have recently updated my system to build 1703 and I started to face some connection issues to my modem. Initially I thought the issue was from the ISP end, however, except for my laptop, all other devices that are connected to it have synchronous internet access...
  8. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  9. connection to my NAS

connection to my NAS: hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name and password) If i...
  10. nas connect problem

nas connect problem: using a medio nas with windows 7 and no problem now upgraded to windows 10 and can not connect to nas anymore using the explorer or command window to map the drive C:\Users\guy>net use y: \\192.168.1.2\MyLibrary System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not...