Windows 10: NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password

Discus and support NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I restarted my router, and now my Synology NAS drive is asking for username and password. I can see the files on my TV and when I login to Plex... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrollDadF7U12, Mar 23, 2020.

1. NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password

I restarted my router, and now my Synology NAS drive is asking for username and password. I can see the files on my TV and when I login to Plex online, but can't get to them in windows explorer. The user ID and password won't work.

:)

TrollDadF7U12, Mar 23, 2020
  2. MickF-UK Win User

Keeps on asking for cred user name and password.

Hi
    Niteshkumar1709

Thanks for your reply,

1. What exactly are you trying to change in Credential manager? I am just trying to view the stored

password(s) of the saved web sites.

2. Does the issue occur with a particular website? No I just open 'IE', Internet options-Content-Autocomplete-Settings-Manage Passwords, select an address from the list & press 'show'

I did as you suggested & set up 'admin' user with 'admin' password, when I open

Manage passwords & select Web Credentials it shows the list of saved passwords. I can select one of the

list & click on 'show' at the side of the password, a box pops up asking for the user password, I enter the password 'admin' and the asterisked password is revealed-that's ok.

My original question was-and still is- my normal account that I logon with is a 'local' account with NO

password, why should 1) Windows ask for a password in web credentials when Windows knows I have no password to logon with & 2) as I have no password why won't the pop up box accept a 'blank' password

that I set up my logon account with.

MickF-UK, Mar 23, 2020
  3. MickF-UK Win User
    Keeps on asking for cred user name and password.

Using Windows 10. Manage web credentials seems to be a problem. Keeps on asking for cred user name and password when I press "show" password. I am sole user & do not logon with a password. I have tried every password I have ever used. Nothing works. I
    have seen the answer for this problem in Windows 7 but it does not work, it will not accept a blank username &/or password. How do I change or delete this feature. I'm not a tech, just a user so explain in lay mans terms.

MickF-UK, Mar 23, 2020
  4. NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password

Macrium Ask for User Name and Password

No thats not the issue now. I did enter the user name and password, I was asking why it all of a sudden is asking for the info when it never did before. Again the user name and password has been entered and still will not image, but will clone.

stealth2920, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password

1. NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password - Similar Threads - NAS drive keeps

2. Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Task Scheduler Asks for User Name and Password: Hi, I'm trying to run a node.js script on a regular basis. I'm following a tutorial on how to do so and everything was going well until I got an unexpected popup. From further deduction, when I check this box: [ATTACH] I am then prompted with this message when trying to...
  3. Keeps asking for password

Keeps asking for password: I had an issue with my password a few months ago and had to change it. Ever since, everything I was automatically signed into with my old password, keeps asking me for my password. All Microsoft related products. It's driving me nuts. I have clicked the "Keep me signed in"...
  4. passwords and user names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  5. Network Drive is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drive is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.: Hi all, I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives home network Synology NAS on reboot. To start: I believe this is a Windows problem, as I had the drives mapped to this same machine before I did a clean windows install. I have no problems connection to,...
  6. (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives (home network Synology NAS) on reboot. To start: I believe this is a Windows problem, as I had the drives mapped to this same machine before I did a clean windows install. I have no problems...
  7. the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password: the server diseasons.xyz is asking for your user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/the-server-diseasonsxyz-is-asking-for-your-user/d59d204c-19b0-496e-844e-c58c29df618f
  8. User names and Passwords

User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  9. Macrium Ask for User Name and Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Ask for User Name and Password: For whatever reason, Macrium free was corrupted and I had to totally uninstall and reinstall. I did a new backup and did a scheduled future backups. However it won't allow scheduled task unless I put in a user name and password. Never had this request before. Not sure what...
  10. Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 repeatedly ask for user name and password: Office 2016 on Windows 10 build 1703. Outlook 2016 is repeatedly asking for my user name and password when running minimized. See screen shot. Things appear to work normally when running maximized. I used Outlook's Account Settings/Repair but that didn't help. Please...