Windows 10: NAS Drive Trouble

Discus and support NAS Drive Trouble in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with no problems until a few days ago. Now it wont show up on my PC on network. The only way it will work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kuyenmotdivad, Oct 2, 2019.

1. NAS Drive Trouble

Hi,

I've been using a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with no problems until a few days ago. Now it wont show up on my PC on network. The only way it will work is if I plug it in directly to my PC which I can't do as I only have 1 ethernet LAN port which I use to connect to the internet.

This is how I had it setup.

Sky Hub -> Netgear Gigabit Ethernet Desk Switch > WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra

Thanks

:)

kuyenmotdivad, Oct 2, 2019
  2. DizMatt Win User

Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I've had similar problems for months but finally cracked it.

I thought it was my BT router but it's completely down to windows 10.

My steps to solution, which may not all be required were:

• ensure client networks for windows is installed (not a problem my installation but essential)
    • TCP/IP advanced settings, WINS, NetBIOS settings to DEFAULT (this might be have been critical)
    • in Windows features, turn on SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing support, This was NOT enabled by default on my clean windows 10 pro installation
    I also checked that the shares were active, I think I disabled them in my trouble-shooting by accident. Prior to installing win 10 it all worked quite nicely.

I could log into the NSA320/NAS via the administrative control panel, also I could detect using the Zyxel NAS detector interface.

I did NOT require any shifty looking drivers from adware driven websites.

DizMatt, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 2, 2019
  4. NAS Drive Trouble

Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I have recently purchased a 4 bay NAS drive. Whilst I can access the drive with the bundled software I can't see the drive as a network attached device in the Windows 10 file explorer. I have previously had a WD Mybook Live and an LG NAS running fine in
    Windows 7 & 8. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

ninetofortytwo, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

NAS Drive Trouble

1. NAS Drive Trouble - Similar Threads - NAS Drive Trouble

2. NAS Drive Inaccessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS Drive Inaccessible: I am having a problem with NAS Drives and mapped drives on my Windows 10 Home laptop and a Windows 10 professional desktop My Arkara NAS mapped drive gives the error An error ocurred while reconnecting Q: to \\STORAGE-OC60\LDevlin Microsoft Windows Network The local device...
  3. Trouble connecting to Synology DS218J NAS

Trouble connecting to Synology DS218J NAS: Hi, I have a Synology DS218J on SMB. I have been able to access it via Windows Explorer with \\hostname just fine, but I just tried today and it no longer works. I get the following error message when I try to access a folder within the NAS [img] I get the following error...
  4. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  5. NAS DRIVE ISSUES

NAS DRIVE ISSUES: Hello I'm currently using windows 10 1903 and I have 4 NAS drives which I use just to store my files on. However, 2 of the NAS drives do not show up in Computer (see below)[ATTACH] You can see at the bottom of the page I have a FILM-TV-SERVER and a GoFlex Home NAS drive as...
  6. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  7. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  8. Not seeing NAS drive

Not seeing NAS drive: Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that...
  9. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  10. Trouble finding & mapping my nas drive

Trouble finding & mapping my nas drive: Hi there folks As the title says, I've been having trouble finding/mapping my network attached drive. I can ping it using cmd just fine but mapping it, using windows explorer, is not proving successful. cannot see it through network view either. Wondering if any of you...