Windows 10: Nas drive

Discus and support Nas drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by David Desborough, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Nas drive

Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809

:)

David Desborough, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I have recently purchased a 4 bay NAS drive. Whilst I can access the drive with the bundled software I can't see the drive as a network attached device in the Windows 10 file explorer. I have previously had a WD Mybook Live and an LG NAS running fine in
    Windows 7 & 8. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

ninetofortytwo, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Nas drive

NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Nas drive

1. Nas drive - Similar Threads - Nas drive

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  4. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive: Hi Guys,I am the proud owner of a Brand New HP All in one PC running windows 11.I am trying to map my NAS Drive and also Drive C: on my existing HP All in one PC without success.On the New PC when I select "This PC" I can see both my current Dive C: my old PC HEWLETPACKARD...
  6. Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive

Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive: Hi Guys,I am the proud owner of a Brand New HP All in one PC running windows 11.I am trying to map my NAS Drive and also Drive C: on my existing HP All in one PC without success.On the New PC when I select "This PC" I can see both my current Dive C: my old PC HEWLETPACKARD...
  7. Space on iSCSI NAS drive not available in Windows after adding drives to NAS appliance

Space on iSCSI NAS drive not available in Windows after adding drives to NAS appliance: I recently added extra storage space on my Synology RS1219+ NAS appliance that is connected to a Windows 2016 server with iSCSI. The appliance now shows the extra space, but the mapped drive in Windows still shows the original size for the disk. I cannot expand it like this....
  8. Space on iSCSI NAS drive not available in Windows after adding drives to NAS appliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space on iSCSI NAS drive not available in Windows after adding drives to NAS appliance: I recently added extra storage space on my Synology RS1219+ NAS appliance that is connected to a Windows 2016 server with iSCSI. The appliance now shows the extra space, but the mapped drive in Windows still shows the original size for the disk. I cannot expand it like this....
  9. NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are network-connected storage solutions that offer a centralized repository for storing and sharing data across networks. It’s like having a private cloud that provides all the benefits of a public cloud on-site, giving you...
  10. I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the...: I have all my backups on a Iomega Home Media Network Storage NAS drive but can only see the pictures and cannot move or download them is there any software to move the files...