Windows 10: NAS drives and network

Discus and support NAS drives and network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreaPrentice, Nov 23, 2018.

1. NAS drives and network

Hi All

I have a WD EXultra2.

I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10

I have a fairly new PC running Win10

My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it.

My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can discern.

I have Webroot Firewall and anti-virus, Windows Defender etc.

How do I get the PC to see the NAS drive again - I have checked the privacy settings and they are the same as for the laptop. I haev also tried asking google but seem to be running around in circles to not get an answer!!

Thanks in advance

An

:)

AndreaPrentice, Nov 23, 2018

2. NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Mapping network devices such as NAS drives.

Dear Support,

I am having a massive problem with finding NAS devices on my network so I map them as network drives.

I had not changed any network configurations, but now I do not see my NAS drives in the list under "Network", nor can I map my NAS drives.

My previous mappings are fine and work OK. However, even the drives that were previously mapped that work OK do not appear in the list for the options of mapping network drives now.

I am running Win 10 latest version on an Intel 7th gen CPU, wired Ethernet.

I have checked to see that all my firmware is up to date, including router, NAS, network driver. I have checked that sharing is on, and turned off firewalls, made my network type private. I have searched every forum and technical note, and tried every video
    out there, but I am at the end of my tether with this problem.

The problem seemed to occur after updating Windows. Everything was working fine before, completely flawlessly.

I am basically now completely fed up with the situation, and my only option left is to move all my computers to Linux. The problem has basically cut off access to data I need to work and is costing me money and time. I basically just want to cry as there
    is no solution anywhere that I find. The Windows update has broken my network.

If anyone has any answers, please let me know.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Kind regards, Ben.

Ben_Santos, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

NAS drives and network

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

NAS drives and network

1. NAS drives and network - Similar Threads - NAS drives network

2. NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are network-connected storage solutions that offer a centralized repository for storing and sharing data across networks. It’s like having a private cloud that provides all the benefits of a public cloud on-site, giving you...
  3. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  4. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  5. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. NAS on network

NAS on network: Hi guys I have some problem with my windows. In fact i can't see my devices(nas) connected on my network. I only can see my pc. I need your help. I have Bitdefender and i'm connected with cpl box. Thanks...
  7. Accessing files over Network NAS drive

Accessing files over Network NAS drive: I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options. Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage...
  8. Network NAS drive

Network NAS drive: I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options. Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage...
  9. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  10. Custom Folder Icons on a NAS Network Drive?

Custom Folder Icons on a NAS Network Drive?: Greetings! Quite some time ago I went the extra mile in making custom Folder Icons for quite a lot of my stuff - Mainly because it's easier to navigate the content when watched from a TV more than an arm length away as even with magnification it's kind of a pain in the ass...