Windows 10: NAS Hard Drive Sizes

Discus and support NAS Hard Drive Sizes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 6 Tb NAS and it has two 3 Tb drives in it. If I wanted too, could I exchange them for larger capacity drives such as 2 10 Tb drives or or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swarfega, Nov 22, 2019.

1. swarfega Win User

NAS Hard Drive Sizes

I have a 6 Tb NAS and it has two 3 Tb drives in it. If I wanted too, could I exchange them for larger capacity drives such as 2 10 Tb drives or or the NAS fixed to being able to address 3 Tb drives?

:)

swarfega, Nov 22, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

ASUSTOR Announces Compatibility with 3 New Seagate NAS Hard Drives

ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced today that all of its NAS products are fully compatible with Seagate's newly launched range of NAS hard drives. These hard drives come in 2TB, 3TB and 4TB models with their model numbers being ST2000VN000, ST3000VN000 and ST4000VN000. By supporting these hard drives, ASUSTOR is able to give its users greater flexibility and choice when configuring their network attached storage devices.

ASUSTOR NAS are the first NAS devices in the world to be designed entirely around an App-based concept. Built on a stable and high performance hardware platform, ASUSTOR NAS devices provides users with an intuitive UI that closely resembles the simplicity enjoyed on most tablet computers. After installing hard drives onto the NAS device, users will be able to set up their very own personal cloud server in just a few easy steps. Additionally, users can download any NAS Apps of their choice from ASUSTOR's App Central, expanding functionality and creating a customized device for themselves.

NAS Hard Drive Sizes 189a_thm.jpg

ASUSTOR NAS devices are suitable for use with 2.5" and 3.5" hard drives from a wide range of world-renowned brands. For a complete list of compatible hard drives please visit the official ASUSTOR website.

btarunr, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 22, 2019
  4. NAS Hard Drive Sizes

little cat, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

NAS Hard Drive Sizes

1. NAS Hard Drive Sizes - Similar Threads - NAS Hard Drive

2. NAS Drive Trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS Drive Trouble: Hi, I've been using a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with no problems until a few days ago. Now it wont show up on my PC on network. The only way it will work is if I plug it in directly to my PC which I can't do as I only have 1 ethernet LAN port which I use to connect to the...
  3. NAS Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NAS Size: Hi Guys I have a 12TB NAS BOX which is connected to my 64-bit Windows 10 Enterprise laptop with 8GB RAM. Windows explorer claims the NAS drive is full but the properties box states the following: Used space 3.93TB Free space: 7.66 TB Capacity: 10.9TB ...yet when I...
  4. Network NAS drive

Network NAS drive: I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options. Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage...
  5. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  6. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  7. Not seeing NAS drive

Not seeing NAS drive: Hello Peeps So I profess to being a Win 7 lover and a Win 10 disliker *Sad. Here is my problem all bar one of my pc's in the house have Win 7 installed. The laptop with Win10 will see my house router, as does all the other machines, but won't see my Seagate NAS drive that...
  8. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  9. Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives

Looking for NAS solution for existing USB hard drives: I have some extra external USB 3.0 drives that I wanted to use as part of a NAS solution, so I am looking for some sort of NAS device with USB 3.0 ports where I can plug in my drives. The NAS drive doesn't necessarily need to have any onboard storage capacity, and the less...
  10. Hard drive cluster size issues? Size on HDD over twice the actual size

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive cluster size issues? Size on HDD over twice the actual size: I went to SSDs on all of my computers some time back, but I still use WD RE4s and 2.5 inch WD Black HDDs for a variety of backup tasks and for storage in which the data will not be accessed for a period longer than is ideal to use a non-powered SSD for. On my Macs I am using...