Windows 10: NAS not working though network switch ?

Discus and support NAS not working though network switch ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with my NAS, when the NAS was directly connected to the router, everything worked; although, when I connected the router to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StraightWorld, Nov 30, 2020.

1. NAS not working though network switch ?

I'm having a problem with my NAS, when the NAS was directly connected to the router, everything worked; although, when I connected the router to a network switch, then to the NAS; the NAS fails to work ?

There is an option to reset the NAS, although that isn't working; also, I was informed to change the old DHCP range to match the old settings ?

:)

StraightWorld, Nov 30, 2020

2. Configuring NAS to my home network

Change the GB ethernet switch with the router. The router as the first step will create it's own network, so you can have one subnet for all of your devices.

lilhasselhoffer, Nov 30, 2020
  3. NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 30, 2020
  4. NAS not working though network switch ?

Network attached storage (NAS)

OKAY... I get the laptop thru all the updates by using the troubleshooter. Now I still cannot see my NAS in file explorer BUT there is one file listed in quick access that is on the NAS. If I open file location I can see everything on the NAS (WOOHOO)
    but if I close file explorer and reopen it the NAS does not appear(?).

I am sure there is a small tweak that needs to be made but at least if I don't loose the quick access I will be able to access my files.

One step forward!!!!

Thanks,

Len

p.s. still working on the desktop NAS not working though network switch ? :(

LenKopecky, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

NAS not working though network switch ?

1. NAS not working though network switch ? - Similar Threads - NAS working though

2. Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bridged Networks and SMB on a NAS: I have a wireless connection to my router, and a wired ethernet connection to a Synology NAS. I want to bridge the two adapters, so that the NAS is visible for SMB shares on the local network and also has a route to the internet.I have been going round in circles and though...
  3. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  4. Network 2 and NAS drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network 2 and NAS drives: I have recently had to install a new router. Windows 10 now indicates that my network is Network 2 and denies me access to my WD NAS drives and their attached USB hard drives. I should be grateful for any advice....
  5. Access Synology NAS on network

Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  6. Windows 10, networks and NAS

Windows 10, networks and NAS: Hi All I have two main PCs that I use on a home network, together with QNAPTS431 box. This setup worked reliably for years under Windows 7. Since "upgrading" reluctantly to Win 10 recently I have had nothing but problems. Connections are slow and unreliable, dropping...
  7. NAS on network

NAS on network: Hi guys I have some problem with my windows. In fact i can't see my devices(nas) connected on my network. I only can see my pc. I need your help. I have Bitdefender and i'm connected with cpl box. Thanks...
  8. Network NAS drive

Network NAS drive: I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it. I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options. Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage...
  9. Network NAS Issue

Network NAS Issue: I have a Lacie network drive that I have used on my system for ages and it worked fine. I had to complete a full system rebuild after a drive upgrade and some other issues. Since I've rebuilt the system I'm having trouble with the NAS. What I have is Windows 10 Pro. I...
  10. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...