Windows 10: NAS on network

Discus and support NAS on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys I have some problem with my windows. In fact i can't see my devices(nas) connected on my network. I only can see my pc. I need your help. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nonoleterrible, Jun 21, 2019.

1. NAS on network

Hi guys

I have some problem with my windows. In fact i can't see my devices(nas) connected on my network. I only can see my pc. I need your help. I have Bitdefender and i'm connected with cpl box.

Thanks

:)

nonoleterrible, Jun 21, 2019

2. NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 21, 2019
  4. NAS on network

Network attached storage (NAS)

OKAY... I get the laptop thru all the updates by using the troubleshooter. Now I still cannot see my NAS in file explorer BUT there is one file listed in quick access that is on the NAS. If I open file location I can see everything on the NAS (WOOHOO)
    but if I close file explorer and reopen it the NAS does not appear(?).

I am sure there is a small tweak that needs to be made but at least if I don't loose the quick access I will be able to access my files.

One step forward!!!!

Thanks,

Len

p.s. still working on the desktop NAS on network :(

LenKopecky, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

NAS on network

1. NAS on network - Similar Threads - NAS network

2. Is there Any Way to Use Windows 11's Networked Folder as NAS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there Any Way to Use Windows 11's Networked Folder as NAS?: Hi can you use as a kind of NAS Window's built-in networking for backup and restoring or repairing your main Windows?Can you back up your main Windows to a shared folder on another PC? The main Windows is 1TB but the shared folder is 2TB Drive the icon is macOS, essentially...
  3. Is there Any Way to Use Windows 11's Networked Folder as NAS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there Any Way to Use Windows 11's Networked Folder as NAS?: Hi can you use as a kind of NAS Window's built-in networking for backup and restoring or repairing your main Windows?Can you back up your main Windows to a shared folder on another PC? The main Windows is 1TB but the shared folder is 2TB Drive the icon is macOS, essentially...
  4. connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem: good morning. i have an issue with connecting to my NAS which I can not seem to correct. I am able to view the file names using File Explorer, but, when i try to open the files i run into a credentials road block. This issue has just popped up in the last two or three days....
  5. connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem

connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem: good morning. i have an issue with connecting to my NAS which I can not seem to correct. I am able to view the file names using File Explorer, but, when i try to open the files i run into a credentials road block. This issue has just popped up in the last two or three days....
  6. windows will not recognize nas on private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows will not recognize nas on private network: I have a seagate 2Tb hard drive attaached to router on home network. All computers except this windows 11 S will recognize the NAS as a network drive. Any help is appreciated.I did try deactivating domain and private network firewall. did not work....
  7. windows will not recognize nas on private network

windows will not recognize nas on private network: I have a seagate 2Tb hard drive attaached to router on home network. All computers except this windows 11 S will recognize the NAS as a network drive. Any help is appreciated.I did try deactivating domain and private network firewall. did not work....
  8. Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive: Hi Guys,I am the proud owner of a Brand New HP All in one PC running windows 11.I am trying to map my NAS Drive and also Drive C: on my existing HP All in one PC without success.On the New PC when I select "This PC" I can see both my current Dive C: my old PC HEWLETPACKARD...
  9. Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive

Map Network Drive fails to find my WD Mycloud NAS drive: Hi Guys,I am the proud owner of a Brand New HP All in one PC running windows 11.I am trying to map my NAS Drive and also Drive C: on my existing HP All in one PC without success.On the New PC when I select "This PC" I can see both my current Dive C: my old PC HEWLETPACKARD...
  10. NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are network-connected storage solutions that offer a centralized repository for storing and sharing data across networks. It’s like having a private cloud that provides all the benefits of a public cloud on-site, giving you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nas in network

2. wd mycloud unstable on network