Windows 10: NAS seen as folder not drive

Discus and support NAS seen as folder not drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to use my NAS as backup as I cannot map as drive. Trying to use IP address with drive mapping, it cannot be found. New router, both plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tlfmd, Mar 20, 2020.

1. tlfmd Win User

NAS seen as folder not drive

I am unable to use my NAS as backup as I cannot map as drive.
    Trying to use IP address with drive mapping, it cannot be found.
    New router, both plugged into it.
    NAS is listed under files under "this pc" and contained files are accessible.
    help.

:)

tlfmd, Mar 20, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Yeah, my 4-bay WD My Cloud Pro is connected to my router via Cat5E. Here I've mapped 5 folders....

NAS seen as folder not drive [​IMG]

@tlfmd, "If" you can see the NAS in Network locations you can open Run and type the name of your NAS (as seen in the network) proceeded by double back slashers. Example "\\mycloudpr4100" (without quote marks) and click OK. This will show you all the folders on the NAS drive....

Simply right click a folder and map it.

That said, can you post an image of Windows Explorer showing the NAS as a folder...

sygnus21, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Berton Win User

I have 2 x 2TB WDC My Cloud NAS drives connected to my Router. They are seen in Network in File Explorer but I Map the Public folder on them. And I can do it from any Wired or Wireless/Wi-Fi computer, but they are only for storage, no program installed for use. I can save files to them from within programs but haven't checked for doing backups to them, main use is simply to save and access downloads.

Berton, Mar 20, 2020
  4. tlfmd Win User

NAS is seen as folder not as drive.
    Attempt to use IP address to search will not find.
    It is connected to the same (new) router, one with multiple RJ-45 ports

tlfmd, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. NAS seen as folder not drive - Similar Threads - NAS folder drive

2. NAS Drive Inaccessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS Drive Inaccessible: I am having a problem with NAS Drives and mapped drives on my Windows 10 Home laptop and a Windows 10 professional desktop My Arkara NAS mapped drive gives the error An error ocurred while reconnecting Q: to \\STORAGE-OC60\LDevlin Microsoft Windows Network The local device...
  3. Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder

Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder: Hi, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to Build 19041. Using NAS EX4100. I added my user "mazhar" in NAS, it is associated with folder "mazhar". User mazhar has full read\write access to folder mazhar. Now after windows upgrade i am able to access Public folder without any...
  4. NAS seen as folder not drive

in Windows 10 Support
    NAS seen as folder not drive: I am unable to use my NAS as backup as I cannot map as drive. Trying to use IP address with drive mapping, it cannot be found. New router, both plugged into it. NAS is listed under files under "this pc" and contained files are accessible. help. 151907
  5. NAS Drive Trouble

NAS Drive Trouble: Hi, I've been using a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra with no problems until a few days ago. Now it wont show up on my PC on network. The only way it will work is if I plug it in directly to my PC which I can't do as I only have 1 ethernet LAN port which I use to connect to the...
  6. NAS drives and network

NAS drives and network: Hi All I have a WD EXultra2. I have a laptop (5yr old samsung) running Win10 I have a fairly new PC running Win10 My laptop can see my NAS drive no problem and can access everything on it. My PC has recently decided to not see my NAS drive - no reason that I can...
  7. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  8. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  9. Custom Folder Icons on a NAS Network Drive?

Custom Folder Icons on a NAS Network Drive?: Greetings! Quite some time ago I went the extra mile in making custom Folder Icons for quite a lot of my stuff - Mainly because it's easier to navigate the content when watched from a TV more than an arm length away as even with magnification it's kind of a pain in the ass...
  10. NAS Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    NAS Folder Properties: I have 2 NAS devices connected on my LAN. the view on the contents of the folders on the NAS is set to "Details". But almost every time after a shutdown (computer and NAS) the view changes to "Large Icons". This doesn't happen with my C drive and connected SATA drive. Why...