Windows 10: NAS shares not always reconnecting at log on

Discus and support NAS shares not always reconnecting at log on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Quite frequently I find that my Synology NAS shares don't always reconnect at log on, but as soon as I click on the mapped shares, they become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheLyppardMan, Jul 14, 2020.

1. NAS shares not always reconnecting at log on

Quite frequently I find that my Synology NAS shares don't always reconnect at log on, but as soon as I click on the mapped shares, they become available. I've read an article on the Microsoft web site (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...0-version-1809) but it's too technical for me to understand. Can anyone explain in simple step-by-step terms if there is a way to resolve this issue? My laptop is running on Windows 10 64-bit.

:)

TheLyppardMan, Jul 14, 2020
  2. wvlucas Win User

Cannot reconnect to network shared drive with Windows 10

After months of trouble in getting the NAS drives mapped, all was well until a reboot or a logoff. After a reboot, a popup message briefly appeared just above the lower right corner of the taskbar indicating network drives could not be reconnected.

I have searched and searched for a possible fix or a method to resolve the mystery of reconnecting the NAS shared drive.

Anyone else have this issue with Windows 10?

Topology:

-> NAS 3 Shared folder

-> NAS 2 Shared folder

-> NAS 1 Shared folder

Cable modem -> Router -> 1Gb Network Hub /

\

-> Windows 10 Pro x64 (Windows Firewall NAS ports opened - AVG Antivirus shared access allowed)

If anyone has a viable solution, please consider sharing.

BTW, this is the message that I get when attempting to open the shared NAS link

NAS shares not always reconnecting at log on d136236d-4313-4f4a-9f46-811d764c5aeb.png

wvlucas, Jul 14, 2020
  3. NAS and computer connections missing after Windows 10 anniversary update

Hi Joe,

Looks like you've performed the necessary workarounds to sort out this problem. Let's try to check this time if the File Sharing Support is enabled on your programs. Please follow these steps:

• Open your Control Panel.
    • Select Programs, then Program and Features.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the list, look for SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support.
    • Right-click it and click Enable.
    Once done, try to check if your NAS is reconnected.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 14, 2020
  4. DizMatt Win User

NAS shares not always reconnecting at log on

Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I've had similar problems for months but finally cracked it.

I thought it was my BT router but it's completely down to windows 10.

My steps to solution, which may not all be required were:

• ensure client networks for windows is installed (not a problem my installation but essential)
    • TCP/IP advanced settings, WINS, NetBIOS settings to DEFAULT (this might be have been critical)
    • in Windows features, turn on SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing support, This was NOT enabled by default on my clean windows 10 pro installation
    I also checked that the shares were active, I think I disabled them in my trouble-shooting by accident. Prior to installing win 10 it all worked quite nicely.

I could log into the NSA320/NAS via the administrative control panel, also I could detect using the Zyxel NAS detector interface.

I did NOT require any shifty looking drivers from adware driven websites.

DizMatt, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

NAS shares not always reconnecting at log on

1. NAS shares not always reconnecting at log on - Similar Threads - NAS shares always

2. Reconnect NAS/network share in Explorer after location change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reconnect NAS/network share in Explorer after location change: Hello,I have a question about a network share folders on the NAS. A client of ours works in two locations for his company.The NAS is located at location A. He can link to the IP address of the NAS directly here in his Windows Explorer, adding the corresponding folder to his...
  3. Reconnect NAS/network share in Explorer after location change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reconnect NAS/network share in Explorer after location change: Hello,I have a question about a network share folders on the NAS. A client of ours works in two locations for his company.The NAS is located at location A. He can link to the IP address of the NAS directly here in his Windows Explorer, adding the corresponding folder to his...
  4. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  5. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  6. Always logged in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Always logged in: Hi, A few weeks ago I sent an email to a business I was purchasing something from. I clicked their "contact us" to send the message. Now every time I go to check my email on the msn.com home page, I'm logged into Microsoft all the time as well as my email account....
  7. NAS shares unavailable in programs

NAS shares unavailable in programs: Recently I have been having problems with mapped NAS shares on my network not being visible in programs. I first noticed it when I was trying to set up a backup schedule. I tried several backup programs, including SyncbackPro, which I have used for many years without any...
  8. Not able to access NAS Shared folder

Not able to access NAS Shared folder: Hey, Recently, I reinstalled windows 10, and suddenly, I was not able to access any shared folders located on my NAS. I was able to access other PCs (running windows 10)'s shared folders. Other PCs(running windows 10) are able to acccess the NAS. Can you guys help with...
  9. XP to NAS / SAMBA shares

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP to NAS / SAMBA shares: Hi folks If you have XP VM's and you want to access SAMBA type shares then you'll need to add these 2 lines in the global section of the samba.conf file. (Note on the NAS / SAMBA server file. There's nothing extra to do on the XP system. (The NAS can usually by default...
  10. Cannot access a secured share on a NAS

Cannot access a secured share on a NAS: I have a NAS drive with both several unprotected folders and one protected folder. I have no trouble accessing the unprotected folders from Win10, but I cannot get access to the protected one. If I click on the secure folder from File Explorer I get the popup [img] I...