Windows 10: NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 <filename> permission denied

Discus and support NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 permission denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After running into a problem with Windows 10 updates disabling SAMBA version 1 (SMB1) and knowing the TP-LINK router uses SMB1 for sharing, the fix was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crakdkorn, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Crakdkorn Win User

NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 permission denied

After running into a problem with Windows 10 updates disabling SAMBA version 1 (SMB1) and knowing the TP-LINK router uses SMB1 for sharing, the fix was to create the share as a "local only" ftp share on the network over port 21. This is a nice solution. Unfortunately there are restrictions. If a file is copied to a parent folder and there is a desire to move it to a child folder, it appears the only way around it is to copy the parent contents to my documents of desktop, save it there, then delete it from the NAS share, then copy it from my documents or desktop back to the sub folder. (Sorry, for the sound of disdain in my voice here but...)

Is there are way to enable the NAS without all the restrictions that are normally encountered via FTP? Remember, this is not internet FTP. This is local FTP behind the NAT and behind the firewall, and protected by the domain etc.

Please assist. Security is the top priority, but it would be nice to have security AND a working computer at the same time.

I guess I can go mow the grass. Do the Bolshevik thing and keep the neighbors happy, but I'd rather just do a copy and paste here on my domain. Lord knows there are war driving prowlers and if I am lucky, I can catch a glimpse while mowing the lawn and report them to the internet police. I promise... if I see one of those evil war drivers prowling, I will immediately speak up.

I think the answer may be to enable it via group policy. It is difficult to follow group policy changes from the perspective of a layperson.

BTW, it is clear the FTP permissions provide Read Write and Execute to All Users, Group, and Owner. It isn't really making sense that the files can be copied, but not moved or deleted. Also, the permission to change the permission is not there. "550 chmod 777 <filename> permission denied" I saw this but it clearly does not work. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20313438/changing-permissions-on-windows-for-ftp-via-xampp

Also:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...-permissons-of-ftped-file?forum=csharpgeneral

Not sure how to make sense of Linux type commands on a Microsoft machine.

:)

Crakdkorn, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in-in. Acess is denied.

Hello,

There could be a number of reasons why a login failure happens with Group Policy. As a first troubleshooting step, feel free to check out
    this link
    from our TechNet website to learn more about this issue and some troubleshooting steps you can try. Keep us posted for any updates or outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Permissions denied when running Bash scripts on Ubuntu on Windows

I am trying to run some simple bash scripts using "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" but it won't let me because supposedly "Permissions are denied" for npm and composer

I can see that permissions should be fine? Also I tried using chmod to 777 like it can be seen in image https://image.prntscr.com/image/X6PYd6TNQp23MLhrqMUMiw.png

If I open properties inside Windows there is a checkmark for each group (System, Administrators, current user) to allow for all except special permissions

NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions)  550 chmod 777 <filename> permission denied QTYlH.png

Ivan Topić, Apr 19, 2019
  4. sjhaberk Win User

NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 permission denied

Folder file permissions

Is there a way to change file permissions similar to unix "chmod 777?" I am the only user of my Windows 10 system with administrator rights. When I try to edit, change file permissions, or delete files in the program files or program files x(86) folders,
    I get an access denied message, even though I have administrator security level associated with my account.

sjhaberk, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 permission denied - Similar Threads - NAS Shares Network

2. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello, I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows.I tried to logon through safemode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem... I can't even...
  3. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello, I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows.I tried to logon through safemode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem... I can't even...
  4. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello, I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows.I tried to logon through safe mode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem. I can't even...
  5. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello, I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows.I tried to logon through safe mode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem. I can't even...
  6. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello,I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows. I tried to logon through safemode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem... I can't even...
  7. Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied

Group Policy Failed to logon access is denied: Hello,I have "Group policy failed to logon access is denied" issue when try to logon to windows. I tried to logon through safemode but the issue is the same. I put password, "Group policy failed to logon access is denied".I don't know how to fix this problem... I can't even...
  8. Denied group policy for a group, but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Denied group policy for a group, but not working: I have a group policy , and need to deny that for a group of people. I created a universal security group and added to delegation- advanced - and allowed read and denied apply group policy. But it not working and the the group policy is still applied to that group of people....
  9. restrict permission policy on share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restrict permission policy on share folder: I want to set one permission policy on share folder which its not happening, user or group should have modify rights but not of delete rights i have try this locally folder by every triangle but its not succeeding, Do anyone have best solution for this ?...
  10. network sharing permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network sharing permissions: how to sharing drive and network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-sharing-permissions/bbbdb1da-460a-4ac0-a4b7-b4607c900698