Windows 10: NAS Size

Discus and support NAS Size in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys I have a 12TB NAS BOX which is connected to my 64-bit Windows 10 Enterprise laptop with 8GB RAM. Windows explorer claims the NAS drive is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by (Steve)ABZ, Apr 16, 2019.

1. NAS Size

Hi Guys

I have a 12TB NAS BOX which is connected to my 64-bit Windows 10 Enterprise laptop with 8GB RAM.

Windows explorer claims the NAS drive is full but the properties box states the following:

Used space 3.93TB

Free space: 7.66 TB

Capacity: 10.9TB

...yet when I try to transfer files to the NAS using win explorer I get a message saying the device is full. Looks like I'm hitting a 4TB limit?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

:)

(Steve)ABZ, Apr 16, 2019

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 16, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

NAS Size

can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

NAS Size

1. NAS Size - Similar Threads - NAS Size

2. Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to NAS - "Windows cannot access": I tried to connect to my NAS by entering \\Wintermute into my File Explorer address bar and was prompted to enter my credentials. I then got this error. I get this error every time I try to connect to \\Wintermute, without being asked for my credentials. Can anyone advise...
  3. NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 <filename> permission denied

NAS Shares on the Network (Group Policy Solutions) 550 chmod 777 <filename> permission denied: After running into a problem with Windows 10 updates disabling SAMBA version 1 (SMB1) and knowing the TP-LINK router uses SMB1 for sharing, the fix was to create the share as a "local only" ftp share on the network over port 21. This is a nice solution. Unfortunately...
  4. stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL TCPIP.SYS failed with synctoy and NAS drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL TCPIP.SYS failed with synctoy and NAS drive: I was running sync toy to sync my NAS drive to the D drive on my windows 10 PC. I got a stop code error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and What failed as TCPIP.SYS. After rebooting the PC everything seemed normal. What do I need to do to fix it? I have the Memory dump file...
  5. File History and backup to a NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History and backup to a NAS: I have been trying to use file history in Windows 10 to back up to my NAS. It works to backup everything but the documents which it refuses to do unless an alteration has been made to the document. I have looked at other advice on the community pages and everything suggested...
  6. File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device

File Explorer and ini, ico and lnk files on NAS device: Hi. We have a QNAP NAS device on our network that logs all activity. Our Windows pc's access the folders and files on the NAS via File Explorer. When a pc accesses a folder on the NAS, the log indicated that that pc has READ all the ini (and ico and lnk) files of all the...
  7. Access to NAS from laptop

Access to NAS from laptop: Hello, I recently bought a NAS (Helios4) running on openmediavault. I installed the OS in the NAS, I then followed all the procedures to install openmediavault but I do not manage to see the NAS among my networks. I can enter the NAS from my pc by typing its IP and make...
  8. Cannot map to NAS drive in corporate system

Cannot map to NAS drive in corporate system: Hi everyone - OK. I need a second opinion. *Tongue I have a client who has a PC with W10 Pro that is a corporate system. Therefore, some things are managed by Group Policy. My problem is that the client wants to map a drive to the NAS but can't. Seems that the SMB option...
  9. Building a NAS rig

Building a NAS rig: Hi, I'm thinking about building a NAS rig. Not so much worried hardware, and in fact have a complete i7-950 system with12 gig of RAM just sitting in my closet looking for something to do. What I'm curious about is the software side? I ran across a free software called...
  10. Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive

Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive: In our home we have multiple computers of various ages most running windows 7 home and pro, iphones, ipads, we have a central western digital nas drive that we store a majority of files on and we access those from each computer ipad, iphone even my macbook pro can see and...