Windows 10: NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035

Discus and support NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried fixes, posted on Facebook. Nothing helps to show Win Explorer NAS drive says disconnected / cannot locate ? Please assist.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cb yyc, Jun 25, 2019.

1. cb yyc Win User

NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035

I have tried fixes, posted on Facebook. Nothing helps to show Win Explorer NAS drive says disconnected / cannot locate ? Please assist.

:)

cb yyc, Jun 25, 2019
  2. cb yyc Win User

I have tried fixes, posted on Facebook. Nothing helps to show Win Explorer NAS drive says disconnected / cannot locate ? Please assist.

cb yyc, Jun 25, 2019
  3. NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035

Hi cb

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

See if these troubleshooting steps help.

Can you first launch File Explorer then try in the path to the NAS?

ie. \\YOURNASNAME-HERE

Hit Enter.

Also...

Troubleshooting 1:

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom

Click Network and Sharing Center

Click Change advanced sharing settings

Expand All Networks

Under Password protected sharing

Switch between 'Turn on password protected sharing and Turn off password protected sharing'

Then choose 'Turn off password protected sharing'

Then click 'Save changes'

Troubleshooting 2:

Press Windows key + R

Type: optionalfeatures.exe

Hit Enter

Scroll down to SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support

Tick the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client

Untick SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal and

Untick SMB 1.0/CIFS Server

Click OK

Restart if prompted.

Troubleshooting 3:

Additional troubleshooting steps you can attempt:

- shut all computer and network gear down.

- Turn off IPv6

- Try browsing to some of the computers manually, press Windows key + R, type: \\computername, hit Enter

- Press Windows key + R

Type: services.msc

Hit Enter

Other things you can do:

Press the Windows Key and R at the same time to bring up the Run dialog.

Type services.msc in the Run dialog and press Enter.

For each of the following services, locate the service in list, right-click the service and select Properties. Then set the Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start) and select Apply.

Computer Browser (Browser)

Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost)

Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub)

Network Connections (NetMan)

UPnP Device Host (UPnPHost)

Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc)

Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc)

Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc)

Restart Windows.

Troubleshooting 4:

Press Windows key + X > computer management-->shared folders--> choose the shared folder, right click it then click Properties > Share Permissions -->protection that everyone can read and execute, see folder contents and read permissions.

Add the machine to your Windows HOSTS file.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/edit-hosts-fil...

See this thread for further tips:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Andre for Directly, Jun 25, 2019
  4. NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035

Network path not found. Error 80070035

I am trying to set up a new laptop (Windows 10, Home, 64-bit). I am unable to get the new machine to access my NAS drive by name.

If I try to run \\Homestore, I get the message "Windows cannot access \\Homestore" and details show an error code of 80070035.

If I replace Homestore with the device's IP address, it works fine.

There are a couple of other computers in the house (all Windows 10). I can access the other computers by name. It's only the (Seagate) NAS drive that the new computer cannot reach. The other computers have no difficulty accessing the NAS drive by name. Note
    that all the computers (including the new one) are on a workgroup.

Frustratingly, it did work briefly earlier in the setup process. I'm not sure what has changed.

There's a secondary problem that may or may not be connected. The new computer also cannot see my networked printer. If I try to add a printer, it reports none found. Again, the existing computers are able to access the printer.

Any suggestions?

WriterMan UK, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. NAS will no longer connect to WIN10 error 80070035 - Similar Threads - NAS longer connect

2. Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive: Three days ago, I upgraded the firmware on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS drive. As part of the firmware update, I had to change the passwords for two of the users. Since then, I cannot access shares on the NAS drive from my main DELL computer. Two days ago, after much fiddling...
  3. Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to my NAS (Running on Win10) over OpenVPN: I have OpenVPN setup as a VPN tunnel back to my home network, where I can remotely manage my servers/networking equipment. Almost everything works fine except for my NAS. Im running Windows 10 (i know, its not great, im planning on getting an actual storage server and not...
  4. Nas drive win10 issue

Nas drive win10 issue: Hi, i cannot access my wd cloud drives via win 10 but have no issue with wd cloud via phone app, Have tried all reset options but still not working, Any help with this would be great please...
  5. Network path not found. Error 80070035

Network path not found. Error 80070035: I am trying to set up a new laptop (Windows 10, Home, 64-bit). I am unable to get the new machine to access my NAS drive by name. If I try to run \\Homestore, I get the message "Windows cannot access \\Homestore" and details show an error code of 80070035. If I replace...
  6. WIN10 / SYnology NAS

WIN10 / SYnology NAS: Howdy, A couple months ago I had an update and suddenly every time the PC goes to "sleep" I lose connection to My NAS. The odd thing is I can see the folders even though the show as a mapped drive they show an with an X. Once I try to access a file it says it can't find...
  7. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  8. After Win10 update to Ver 1607 x64, can no longer access NAS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Win10 update to Ver 1607 x64, can no longer access NAS: Windows 10 updated to Version 1607 and I can no longer access my Synology NAS. I have attempted every potential solution I have found on the net to no avail. I have another machine running WIN10 that I disabled windows update on and it's at version 1511 and the NAS is...
  9. Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buffalo NAS Navagator 2.82 Connection Errors: I have three Dell XPS desktops (two 8700 and one 8300) and two Buffalo NAS units connected to my home network. When I run Buffalo NAS Navigator V 2.82 (the latest version) on one of the 8700s is see the following communication errors from both NAS units (the other 8700...
  10. Seagate Central NAS issue Error 80070035

Seagate Central NAS issue Error 80070035: Hi, Hopefully someone can help me! I've got a Seagate Central NAS drive which I use for storing all my media. It also used by our Sonos so we can listen to music without having a laptop on. Up until recently I have used it without issue, however I have now stopped...