Windows 10: NAS

Discus and support NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot see my NAS in Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas/61bf29dd-4224-4d34-8e56-2447a9ea2143 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NormanKirchner, Dec 5, 2019.

1. NAS

I cannot see my NAS in Explorer.

:)

NormanKirchner, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Network attached storage (NAS)

OKAY... I get the laptop thru all the updates by using the troubleshooter. Now I still cannot see my NAS in file explorer BUT there is one file listed in quick access that is on the NAS. If I open file location I can see everything on the NAS (WOOHOO)
    but if I close file explorer and reopen it the NAS does not appear(?).

I am sure there is a small tweak that needs to be made but at least if I don't loose the quick access I will be able to access my files.

One step forward!!!!

Thanks,

Len

p.s. still working on the desktop NAS :(

LenKopecky, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

NAS

Should I go for a NAS?

1. How many PC's need access to the data?
    2. Are you streaming data to TV's or mobile devices?
    3. Do you need to access the data whilst the PC is off

If you are not thinking of any of the above I would suggest that 8TB of storage On the PC and sufficient Backup Space external to it would be fine, and more cost effective.

If you are intending any of the above and especially Number 3 then a NAS looks more appropriate

Barman58, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

NAS

1. NAS - Similar Threads - NAS

2. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  3. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  4. Is there Any Way to Use Windows 11's Networked Folder as NAS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there Any Way to Use Windows 11's Networked Folder as NAS?: Hi can you use as a kind of NAS Window's built-in networking for backup and restoring or repairing your main Windows?Can you back up your main Windows to a shared folder on another PC? The main Windows is 1TB but the shared folder is 2TB Drive the icon is macOS, essentially...
  5. Is there Any Way to Use Windows 11's Networked Folder as NAS?

Is there Any Way to Use Windows 11's Networked Folder as NAS?: Hi can you use as a kind of NAS Window's built-in networking for backup and restoring or repairing your main Windows?Can you back up your main Windows to a shared folder on another PC? The main Windows is 1TB but the shared folder is 2TB Drive the icon is macOS, essentially...
  6. security policy blocks access to NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security policy blocks access to NAS: Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed anything new in over a week and this hppened just now....
  7. security policy blocks access to NAS

security policy blocks access to NAS: Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed anything new in over a week and this hppened just now....
  8. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  9. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN: Hello,I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on the Error code search. I have spent in excess of 40hrs on this including with the NAS mftr ASUS, elevated Support and conclusion 'it is a Windows problem'.So, with all due respect and grateful of anyone who is prepared to 'dig deep'...
  10. Windows Security unable to access NAS on SOHO LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing