Windows 10: Native calendar app, add entries with no account

Discus and support Native calendar app, add entries with no account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So on the native mail and calendar app I have a few accounts setup. My most used isp account, my Microsoft accounts and even a gmail account. I love... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Native calendar app, add entries with no account

So on the native mail and calendar app I have a few accounts setup. My most used isp account, my Microsoft accounts and even a gmail account. I love the way I can add a calendar entry to any one of these on the app or on other devices such as my iPhone, echo Alexa and the entry syncs across all of them. However, what I want to know is can I add a calendar entry to the calendar app that is not linked to any of these accounts. So the calendar entry is totally local to the pc itself? I still want said entry to show up in cortana like the others on the day of the meeting/event but I don’t want it showing up anywhere else. Kind of hard to explain.

Or I suppose I could create another email account with someone and only add it to my pc. Other than the obvious ones of outlook, yahoo, gmail are there other free providers that support calendars as well as email?

cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 8, 2017

2. Sync Windows 10 Calendar and People to Oultlook 2016 Calendar and Contacts

How did your Calendar entries and Contacts get into the Calendar and People apps?

If they are from an Outlook.com mail account, then just add that account to Outlook.

If they are from a Gmail account, then it gets a bit more complicated as Gmail Calendar and Contacts won't sync with Outlook natively - you need some third party utilities.

Gordon B-P, Nov 8, 2017
  3. E71 cannot add iCal entries to Calendar

Whenever I or someone else forwards to me an iCal calendar entry, as an email attachment, I get an error message, from my Nokia E71, when I attempt to open the iCal entry and add it to the native calendar.

Here's what happens:

Email is received.

Open attachment

Message is "Calendar entry Add to Calendar?"

I select "Yes"

Message is "Calendar entry Failed to add to calendar"

the iCal attachments are coming from Microsoft Outlook.

Is there a problem with the iCal format, being sent from Outlook, or with the E71's ability to read the iCal file and add it to its calendar?

If not iCal, is there another way to send calendar entries from Outlook?

messinger---01, Nov 8, 2017
Thema:

Native calendar app, add entries with no account

1. Native calendar app, add entries with no account - Similar Threads - Native calendar app

2. Mail and calendar app now causes native calendar app to crash on every machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calendar app now causes native calendar app to crash on every machine: Well played Microsoft. There was an update in the past few hours to the mail and calendar app. As a result of which the calendar app is broken mail seems ok. It just crashes when being opened. Resetting the app makes no difference. I have observed this on all our home...
  3. Can't add new calendar to calendars app??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add new calendar to calendars app??: So I'm trying to add my school schedule to my Windows 10 calendar through URL. I open the calendar app and click "Add calendars" and then it just shows the loading screen with "Powered by Bing" on the bottom. I can wait for hours and nothing happens. submitted by /u/rmychvr...
  4. win 10 calendar app stuck on add account

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 calendar app stuck on add account: anyone knows how to pass this step? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-calendar-app-stuck-on-add-account/91603df2-fa4d-4c6e-a602-f5675b6227dd
  5. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add gmail account to calendar app: Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I...
  6. calendar entries

calendar entries: Using the calendar that comes with windows 10, The entries I make disappear when I deselect and re-open the calendar. I do press 'save'! What am I doing wrong? 125690
  7. Cannot add account to calendar

Cannot add account to calendar: I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account information and accept the intrusive permissions. [ATTACH]...
  8. Share Outlook.com Calendar with Native iOS Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Share Outlook.com Calendar with Native iOS Calendar App: I'm trying to separate my personal (iCloud) and work (Outlook.com) calendars. Because I work varying shifts and have a lot of work requirements (meetings, lectures, etc.), my wife needs to view these when she is scheduling things. I found the share calendar option (which...
  9. Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability to add any accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps. I have tried adding my Microsoft account as well as Exchange and other...
  10. Mail and calendar app not pushing calendar entries to other devices

Mail and calendar app not pushing calendar entries to other devices: If I enter an appointment on the native calendar app it is not pushing these appointments to other devices or even the browser outlook.com calendar view. Should it be doing so? It works the other way around. So if I enter an appointment on my phone (iOS) using the outlook...