Windows 10: Native Desktop Media Service.

Discus and support Native Desktop Media Service. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have spent too many hours trying to remove the Native Desktop Media Service file from my Windows 10. I have followed several YouTube instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NancyDwyer, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Native Desktop Media Service.

I have spent too many hours trying to remove the Native Desktop Media Service file from my Windows 10. I have followed several YouTube instructions which are really bizarre because they are very hard to understand or without audio and have done numerous scans to try to get rid of it. During the whole "safe mode" process, I also got a message that my Windows Installer was not working properly and that is why I was unsuccessful. I checked this and it seems to be working fine!

Is there anyone in this group who has had experience with NDMS and can suggest the best way to remove it? You would be my hero! Thank you!

:)

NancyDwyer, Mar 6, 2020

2. Native Desktop Media Service Jetmedia

Hello Vivian,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Do you recall any recent application you've downloaded and installed on your computer prior to this issue?

Furthermore, there's a possibility that this Native Desktop Media Service is adware/virus, causing Command Prompt to pop-up unexpectedly. It would be best to run a scan using the
    Windows Defender to remove any hidden virus or malware.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Native Desktop Media Service Jetmedia

Thanks for responding.

Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.309

I run Windows Defender a few times a day + I have ATT Connect which is supposed to protect my computer which I run a few times a day.

I have not downloaded anything new. I play a few games and shop at safe places and send emails.

I have been hit with Trojans since February. ATT Connect takes about 4 hours each time to resolve and I have to sit by my computer each time and they even make mistakes.

Control Panel shows - Native Desktop Media Service (again) C:\WINDOWS\Installer\3a472.msi Trojan Win32/Injector.AJ

Truly tired of getting hit each month with problems.

VivianBurns, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Stevekir Win User

Native Desktop Media Service.

Virtual Disk Service error when creating WinPE Rescue Media

Thanks.

I have a suggestion. You advise restoring from a Macrium Image from within Macrium Rescue Media rather than from within Windows itself (that is, not with the normal desktop showing). It seems to me that would have to be be done without access to your tut (which is online). I have therefore printed it out on paper and filed it away. I suggest you might like to consider putting a note about that at the end of Part 5 of your tut.

It is really very helpful to have well illustrated step-by-step tuts like this. Thanks for all your efforts.

Stevekir, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Native Desktop Media Service.

1. Native Desktop Media Service. - Similar Threads - Native Desktop Media

2. Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?: I know that I can open files saved on my computer like videos in chrome browser. I just go to "open with", select "chrome", and now mp4 files open via my browser by default. However, they open in a standard browser, and I would like them to open in an incognito window. I feel...
  3. Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?: I know that I can open files saved on my computer like videos in chrome browser. I just go to "open with", select "chrome", and now mp4 files open via my browser by default. However, they open in a standard browser, and I would like them to open in an incognito window. I feel...
  4. Multiple desktops: keep new windows on their native desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple desktops: keep new windows on their native desktops?: This problem has been present in Windows native multi-desktop implementation since day one: When one application spawns another application, the new window for the new application pops up on the current desktop instead of appearing on the original spawning desktop. For...
  5. Multiple desktops: keep new windows on their native desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops: keep new windows on their native desktops?: This problem has been present in Windows native multi-desktop implementation since day one. When one application spawns another application, the new window for the new application pops up on the current desktop instead of appearing on the original spawning desktop. For...
  6. Remote Desktop Service

Remote Desktop Service: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-service-%EC%8B%9C%EC%9E%91%EC%9D%B4/2413d62f-1d3a-409f-840d-a0e91aabc78a
  7. Remote desktop solution with native resolution and refresh rate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote desktop solution with native resolution and refresh rate: Hi! I have two PCs running Windows 10: Home: 2560x1440 resolution and Work: 1920x1200. I'm trying to connect to work computer but I have problems with resolution and refresh rate. I tried Chrome Remote Desktop and it's smooth 60 fps but is blurry and has wrong aspect ratio...
  8. Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?: Hi, I am using Microsoft office 365 as part of my institution package. Is it possible for the PC desktop files to natively display a folder from the onedrive? I want to make all common C: locations to onedrive locations. So if anything happens, I always have everything sync...
  9. How to develop native service for windows 10 tablet?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to develop native service for windows 10 tablet?: I am looking for any possible way to develop a long-running background service (like windows service on PC) that can both run on Windows 10 tablets and PCs. This windows service will have access to serial ports and eventually expose a WebSocket endpoint to allow the other...
  10. Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar

Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar: You know, this little bugger. Any way to natively hide it with a registry hack? I've used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker but I hate how it HAS to run in the background. Help is appreciated. Thanks! 81055