Windows 10: native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this?

Discus and support native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Gmail is not sending with my name from the app. it says group admin which doesnt help my recipient to know its me sending them an email. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by roblester2, May 6, 2021.

1. native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this?

My Gmail is not sending with my name from the app. it says group admin which doesnt help my recipient to know its me sending them an email. How can this be solved?

:)

roblester2, May 6, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community Forum!

Form the description; you want the display name to be changed in the mail app.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

Hope this information is helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply.

Arul_D, May 6, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in this forum. I am more than happy to assist you with your concern about changing the display name of your profile.

To change your display name, just simply follow the steps below.

Once you have changed the display name check whether the name has been updated in the Mail app.

If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know and we'll be much happy to answer them for you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, May 6, 2021
  4. native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this?

While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, May 6, 2021
Thema:

native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this?

1. native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this? - Similar Threads - native mail app

2. How to change my son's display name in Mail app who is under family safty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my son's display name in Mail app who is under family safty?: Hi there,My son is linked to my account under Microsoft Family Safety. However he couldn't change his Mail app email outgoing display names as it simply doesn't give him options of "options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar' under 'Manage Accounts'. Please kindly...
  3. How to change my son's display name in Mail app who is under family safty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my son's display name in Mail app who is under family safty?: Hi there,My son is linked to my account under Microsoft Family Safety. However he couldn't change his Mail app email outgoing display names as it simply doesn't give him options of "options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar' under 'Manage Accounts'. Please kindly...
  4. How do I change the Mail App Display Name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the Mail App Display Name?: I have been trying to change the Mail app display name on Windows 11. All other recommendations given to me said to open Manage Account, Select the Account, then open "Sync Settings" for the account I want to change. However when I follow that, the options available on my...
  5. How do I change the Mail App Display Name?

How do I change the Mail App Display Name?: I have been trying to change the Mail app display name on Windows 11. All other recommendations given to me said to open Manage Account, Select the Account, then open "Sync Settings" for the account I want to change. However when I follow that, the options available on my...
  6. How can I change the name display of my email account in Mail?

How can I change the name display of my email account in Mail?: I newly added my Gmail account to Mail app but it keeps displaying the wrong name every time I sent an email. I tried to update in the Gmail settings but it fails to sync in the Mail. I really like using Mail as a built-in app. Please help me with this!! The wrong name makes...
  7. How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?

How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?: Also known as "Send your messages using this name".It doesn't have this option for either of my Gmail accounts:Whenever I send an email from any of my three email accounts in the app, it has the display name as "David". This is fine for two of my accounts, but I don't want...
  8. How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?

How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?: Also known as "Send your messages using this name".It doesn't have this option for either of my Gmail accounts:Whenever I send an email from any of my three email accounts in the app, it has the display name as "David". This is fine for two of my accounts, but I don't want...
  9. How to change sender's name in Windows Native MAIL APP AS OF MARCH 2020

How to change sender's name in Windows Native MAIL APP AS OF MARCH 2020: Hi all, After my windows 10 device did an update without asking, I can't seem to find the option to change my sender's name of the mail app in windows. It used to be under Settings -> Manage Account -> Change mailbox sync settings But now it seems to be gone and I cant...
  10. Change display name in Mail for Windows 10

Change display name in Mail for Windows 10: I would like to change the display name for a google account in the Windows Mail app, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. The display name is the name that other people see when they receive an e-mail for you, and the name which replaces the mail address when...