Windows 10: Native photo app live tile

Discus and support Native photo app live tile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I like the live tile on the native photo app despite not being able to control what pics show and it only scrolling through 5 at any given time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Native photo app live tile

I like the live tile on the native photo app despite not being able to control what pics show and it only scrolling through 5 at any given time. However do people find the live tile buggy? It will be happily working away but then I will notice the tile gets stuck on a single pic no longer scrolling. Switching live tile off and back on generally kicks it back into life again. It's the only live tile that seems prone to this behaviour as all others behave themselves. I've noticed this has happened through all builds of Windows 10 and numerous photo app updates. It's very random as to when it occurs too

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 native live tiles not working properly

I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in August this year (my PC was initially designed for Windows 7). At the beginning everything worked fine. But after a month or so some native live tiles stopped working properly. Initially it was only the
    Windows Mail and Calendar app, the live tile function wouldn't work and later they wouldn't even open. Now also the Weather app live tile functionality doesn't work but the app still opens if I click on it (the same applies to the Photos app and sometimes
    to the Store app). Any ideas on how I can solve this problem? Thanks

Claude88LU, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Lost live tile for Airplane Mode setting

Check if you have an app like ConnectivityShortcuts installed that gave you this tile, as the system does not natively have a Live Tile for flight mode.

Entegy, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

Native photo app live tile

1. Native photo app live tile - Similar Threads - Native photo app

2. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  3. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  4. How to change W10 Live Photo Tile?

How to change W10 Live Photo Tile?: I cannot find a setting to change the photographs displayed on the W10 Live Photo Tile in the new Photo App. I can still change the photo using the Legacy Photo app I DL'd, but it has no effect, and the new Photo has no settings for Live Tiles. This problem developed this...
  5. Photos Live Tile isn't working anymore

Photos Live Tile isn't working anymore: Start currently looks like this: [ATTACH] While the following is the content of %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\PhotosAppTile [ATTACH] What I tried: deleting every Tile* file and adding them back; removing every Tile* from...
  6. Photos Live Tile not working anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos Live Tile not working anymore: [ATTACH] My Start Content of %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\PhotosAppTile What I tried: deleting every Tile* file and adding them back; removing every Tile* from favorites and adding them back (the app tile should be showing...
  7. LIVE TILE - PHOTOS

LIVE TILE - PHOTOS: the Photo live tile, off the start button menu, does not work. I can turn it off or on, but no function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tile-photos/41d15ed4-f8b6-4b99-aa51-c263626df6c8
  8. W10 App Live Tiles

W10 App Live Tiles: Hi. Did a clean install a week ago. All the live tiles work except the ones I like, MS weather and MS mail. Weather weirdly gives me live tile info for Washington DC even though I have updated my location and when I open weather it uses the correct location. I uninstalled...
  9. Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’: So yesterday evening / early hours (UK) time the ms store app received an update. It all works ok in aftermath except on every single machine we own the tile pinned to start menu is no longer live. Just the store icon now. We tried turning live tile off and on several times...
  10. Native photos app live tile

Native photos app live tile: Does anyone have issues with the live tile on the photos app? It works 90% of the time. But then I will open the start menu and the live tile will be occassionaly static on a single photo. No shuffling. It will work again if I either log out/ log in again or if I right click...