Windows 10: Native resolution changed after the latest update

Discus and support Native resolution changed after the latest update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; About a week ago, I decided to hit the check updates button and everything went normally, An update came, windows downloaded it and installed it. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bekircan kırçiçek, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Native resolution changed after the latest update

About a week ago, I decided to hit the check updates button and everything went normally, An update came, windows downloaded it and installed it. But after a long installation, things on my screen seemed bigger and a bit blurry, I have a few years old full HD LCD monitor (connected with VGA) and AMD R7 265 GPU (with latest drivers). After I checked the screen options, I see windows showing me 1600x900 as my native resolution when it supposed to be 1920x1080. Currently, my windows have the update of version 1809 - IS 17763.437. I tried ''install the previous drivers'' option of windows and despite the recovery of my native resolution, my graphics card went crazy. Disconnected from the system every second repeatedly. When I find the chance, I turned back to the latest drivers. Now I cannot play games or properly watch movies, videos because of my screen's limited resolution outputs.

:)

bekircan kırçiçek, Apr 13, 2019

2. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Native resolution changed after the latest update

window 10 update on Sunday, December 13, 2015 screen resolution issue

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific
    driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

Kindly try the below steps and check.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Native resolution changed after the latest update

1. Native resolution changed after the latest update - Similar Threads - Native resolution changed

2. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  3. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  4. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  6. Cant change resolution, always stuck in native

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant change resolution, always stuck in native: Problem started randomly last week. i have my desktop hooked up via HDMI to my 4K Samsung TV, This is my primary (only) display. When i try to change the resolution to anything else, my screen does not go black for a second like it used to when switching resolution....
  7. Can't change resolution, stuck in native 3840x2160

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change resolution, stuck in native 3840x2160: Problem started randomly last week. i have my desktop hooked up via HDMI to my 4K Samsung TV, This is my primary only display. When i try to change the resolution to anything else, my screen does not go black for a second like it used to when switching resolution....
  8. Windows keeps changing to native resolution itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps changing to native resolution itself: Hi, when i try to change resolution let's say to 1440x1080, it changes the resolution, but after i click on something, it changes back to native 1920x1080 resolution. Any help? (I have latest Nvidia drivers) submitted by /u/AreafXY [link] [comments]...
  9. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  10. screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    screen resolution changed after latest cumulative update: My laptop downloaded and installed the latest major Windows 10 update this morning (took several hours!), and now my screen resolution has changed - the icons and text are all way too big. There are no system restore points available, so I cannot revert to earlier working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after update native resolution