Windows 10: native win10 backup file format

Discus and support native win10 backup file format in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Does the backup process that comes with win10 compress or encrypt the NAS destination files? Or can you pick open the files directly with a word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by LewG, Jan 2, 2021.

1. LewG Win User

native win10 backup file format

Does the backup process that comes with win10 compress or encrypt the NAS destination files? Or can you pick open the files directly with a word processor?

What happens if your backups are encrypted, your computer dies, and you want to restore to a different o/s or a later version of windows?

I'm thinking worst case and not assuming smooth sailing at all times.

:)

LewG, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 2, 2021
  4. native win10 backup file format

Cannot 'add folder' to Backup, error code 0x80070032 (Win10)

Hi,

Is the external drive a NTFS format?

The custom library files that are stored in your user profile will not be backed up.

Try the following suggestions and check.

• Move the library folder from the user profile path to a location outside the user profile path. For example, move the folder to the C:\MyLibraries folder.
    • Exclude the library from the list of files that Windows Backup backs up. Then, include the original location of the content in the library in the backup list.
    • Move the library folder to a location other than the user profile folder. Then, add a link to the moved folder from the library. Make sure that the library is included in the backup.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

native win10 backup file format

1. native win10 backup file format - Similar Threads - native win10 backup

2. ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk: I had some folders under cipher from windows bitlocker and I planned to format the unit that contained them, so I placed them on an external disk, hoping that after formatting the disk I could keep using the files. I didn't know that I needed to decipher them before, and I...
  3. ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk: I had some folders under cipher from windows bitlocker and I planned to format the unit that contained them, so I placed them on an external disk, hoping that after formatting the disk I could keep using the files. I didn't know that I needed to decipher them before, and I...
  4. ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup: I have an old Dell pc with Windows 10including updates installed on it. I'm using the pc only to educate myself on different admin type processes like restoring, repairing, etc. I want to restore a Windows 10 from an Image File, among other processes, because I want to know...
  6. Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Win10 with an Image file from a backup: I have an old Dell pc with Windows 10including updates installed on it. I'm using the pc only to educate myself on different admin type processes like restoring, repairing, etc. I want to restore a Windows 10 from an Image File, among other processes, because I want to know...
  7. Win10 Native Apps not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Native Apps not opening.: My friend is having an issue where his windows 10 native apps are not opening. Microsoft Store opens for a split second and then closes. This happened after problems with PSO2 and I heavily suspect he messed with his WindowsApp folder. I've had him try running PowerShell...
  8. win10 backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    win10 backup: Hi all, i am currently using windows 10 backup. I set it to manage the space but when my external hard drive full it didn't delete the old backup. Also, as i select my own folders to backup rather then let window choose. I did tick backup users folder and favorites. But...
  9. Win10 "File History" - include with Carbonite backup or not?

Win10 "File History" - include with Carbonite backup or not?: Hi, all: In addition to local, offline backups/images to USB EHDs, I also use Carbonite, with unlimited storage capacity. And, since I have a 2 TB HDD data drive, I have Win10 File History enabled (a feature new to me in Win10). Carbonite is set to back up all the...
  10. System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10

System Image or Backup and Restore Files in Win10: Hi, A few days ago I discovered I had some corruptive files preventing me from Updating successfully. So, after much hair-pulling I did a Windows 10 reinstall via a USB Flash Drive while Windows was running and it was successful thanks to some talented folks on this forum....