Windows 10: Native Windows Apps have blank icons in taskbar.

Discus and support Native Windows Apps have blank icons in taskbar. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit to the Fall Creators update. Everything is working fine after the update except the native modern apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KilliK, Nov 27, 2017.

1. KilliK Win User

Native Windows Apps have blank icons in taskbar.

Hello.

I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit to the Fall Creators update.
    Everything is working fine after the update except the native modern apps whi
    When I open them, their icons are missing from the taskbar and also from their thumbnails.
    If I search for the apps through Cortana, the apps appear without their icons as well.

This is only happening with the native modern apps like Store, PC Settings and Edge.
    Third party apps like Flipboard dont have this problem, their icon is shown everywhere.
    To clarify, the problematic apps do work normally, it's their icon that is only missing.

Here are some screenshots to see the problem for yourselves:

Native Windows Apps have blank icons in taskbar. [​IMG]

Native Windows Apps have blank icons in taskbar. [​IMG]

I used google and discovered that this is a common problem which appears after the Fall Creators upgrade. I followed several solutions but with no success. (sfc, dism, powershell,etc).
    I am asking here in case someone has any other suggestion on how to fix this. Clean install is not an option.

in any case, thanks for taking your time to read this.

:)

KilliK, Nov 27, 2017

2. Removed Windows Store from taskbar, but blank space remains after removal

I wanted to remove the Windows Store icon from my Windows 10 taskbar, as I rarely need to visit the Store and I wanted to reclaim the space used by the Store icon on the taskbar.

When I right-clicked on the Store icon and selected "Unpin" as the option, the icon image disappeared but there remains a blank space where the icon used to be. If I add another application to the taskbar, it appears to the right of the blank space.

When I right-click on the blank space, the options shown are: "Store" (with the Store icon showing to the left), "Pin to taskbar" and "Close all windows". If I then click "Pin to taskbar", a new Windows Store icon appears in the taskbar to the left of the
    blank space, but the blank space remains.

How do I get rid of the blank space? Is there a registry area where I can view all the entries used to populate the taskbar with added apps and where I might be able to isolate the entry for the blank space and delete it?

DrTechnical, Nov 27, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    windows store not working,build in apps not working

"I am launch Windows Store from task bar"

Hi!

Try to pin store app to taskbar from the "All apps" menu. If Icon appears on taskbar, then remove that blank launcher. That is all to strange how just the store app icon is blank.

Maybe go to Taskbar and Start menu properties and select use small icons on taskbar >apply<, then switch it back. I know I saw a few updates for the store app. Are you up to date?

Teddy2016, Nov 27, 2017
  4. youradds Win User

youradds, Nov 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Native Windows Apps have blank icons in taskbar. - Similar Threads - Native Apps blank

2. Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...: Hello everybody,Just as the title says . My Windows 10 OS is having trouble displaying icons in the taskbar for a program that is being used. The two programs that are having trouble are Windows 10 Settings and Microsoft To Do. Below are screenshots for proof:With TaskbarX...
  3. Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...: Hello everybody,Just as the title says . My Windows 10 OS is having trouble displaying icons in the taskbar for a program that is being used. The two programs that are having trouble are Windows 10 Settings and Microsoft To Do. Below are screenshots for proof:With TaskbarX...
  4. Windows 10. Microsoft native apps are not displaying icons in the taskbar, they just...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blank Windows 10 Icon In Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Windows 10 Icon In Taskbar: hi, i'm experience some problem only in my user account, the other user account not, several app like settings, microsfot store, and built in app icon are appear blank in my taskbar and appear as white paper icon in my start menu, i tried to rebuild icon cache by deleting...
  6. Blank icon on taskbar

Blank icon on taskbar: When ever I open any app not pinned to taskbar it displays blank icon instead of its real icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar/2d5ccfc2-598f-4155-bd95-33f10c7b785b
  7. Default/blank app icons on taskbar

Default/blank app icons on taskbar: About 50% of the time so far exactly every other time over several restarts I get the default application icons for anything I personally pinned to the task bar. This is a brand-new, fresh install of Windows 10 that I downloaded yesterday with the USB Creator Tool. I have...
  8. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app: [ATTACH] Hey, This blank icon appeared after i uninstalled spotify because it was acting up. The uninstallation process took a while, it seemed that it didn't want to uninstall so i restarted my laptop to see if it would help, and it did, the app is gone (i reinstalled...
  9. Blank icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank icons on the taskbar: There is a problem that happened to my computer just now. This also happened to my 2014 computer. Any help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefGYg88SyM Information on Winver: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 Build 10240 c 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  10. Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank: Since the update to the Calculator app v 10.1906.53.0 today, the taskbar icon is now blank - the other apps work OK. Has anyone else noticed this? 138916