Windows 10: Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone

Discus and support Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello! I’m Aaron Butcher and I’m the Group Program Manager for the Maps Team in the Windows PC, Phone, and Tablet Group. In the January Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone

Source: Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone

:)

Brink, Apr 16, 2015

2. HERE Maps officially dead on Windows platform ?

You should find your essential needs covered by the new Windows Maps app available on Windows 10, it brings together into one app the functionality that was spread across multiple apps. You can read more about it here:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/04/17/navigate-the-world-with-windows-10-maps-for-phone/

Offline maps are downloadable for free on Windows 10 and available through the Maps app and to any app that takes advantage of the Windows 10 Map control. The Maps app does use data from both Bing Maps and HERE Maps.

Analy [MSFT], Apr 16, 2015
  3. Data variation in Windows Maps app from HERE map app on Windows 10.

Hi Miklos,

From the above description, I understand the data of Windows Maps is varying from one device to another. Please reply, are you using Windows Maps app on android or Lumia mobile device?

The Windows Maps has more features than HERE maps. Windows Maps has added 3D view and much more enhanced features than HERE maps did on both PC and mobile devices. Because of the enhanced features the data may vary from Windows 8.1 phone version to
    Windows 10 phone version.

Refer to the link below on Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone:

Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone - Windows Experience Blog

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of data varying from Windows 8.1 HERE map version to other device Windows Maps app on the mobile device in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us
    to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 16, 2015
  4. BillyBob Win User

I'm hoping HTC and Microsoft can get together so I can buy a good Windows phone when my contract runs out. I've been buying HTC since the Desire and now have the M8, I'd like to have a go at a Windows phone hopefully with Windows 10 and the new Maps.

I'm not game to try any other brand, HTC has never given me any problems at all, I usually give them to family when they run out of contract and even the Desire is still running well.

BillyBob, Apr 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone - Similar Threads - Navigate World Maps

2. World War 3 crashes after loading map on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    World War 3 crashes after loading map on Windows PC: [IMG]Gamers playing the video game World War 3 have been experiencing a problem as of late where the game crashes whenever they’ve loaded a map. From what we’ve come to understand, this is not always the case since the game can crash in different situations, for example, the...
  3. Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect display of next maneuver in turn-by-turn navigation in Maps: I have been having this problem for years now with different machines and location sensors. All of my computers have location sensors and turn-by-turn navigation in Maps works, meaning that the location is tracked properly. Additionally, voice navigation works - voice-over...
  4. Windows 10 Navigation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Navigation: I keep finding myself in a situation from which the only route to my top ribbon icons such as Gmail or Facebook appears to be via the Search icon 177110
  5. Flight sim still lags and can't use the world map

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Flight sim still lags and can't use the world map: Flight sim still lags and can't use the world map https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-sim-still-lags-and-cant-use-the-world-map/6231680e-2bfd-472e-8e76-2f09082515be
  6. Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Maps freezes during turn by turn navigation while driving.: We've been recommending windows 10 maps to our customers. It's been working fine until they updated to windows 10 1809. The maps will initially work for few minutes. But when driving, while using the turn by turn navigation, the maps freezes and stops working. The only way it...
  7. microsoft maps on Nokia 830 phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft maps on Nokia 830 phone: The "scout" function for nearby businesses always says it " cannot connect to Bing, try again". It's been doing this for the past few months. Also Bing won't open and sometimes goes directly to cortana instead. whats up, help!...
  8. Windows Maps app on a Lumia phone with Windows 10 doesn't open

Windows Maps app on a Lumia phone with Windows 10 doesn't open: Hello! I’d like to ask if there is any way to reset/reinstall/get working the Windows Maps app on a Lumia phone with Windows 10. The app doesn’t open, or, to be more precise, shuts down by itself immediately after opening. There are instructions on the web explaining how to...
  9. Navigation failure. (Mobile phones app)

Navigation failure. (Mobile phones app): Even though app is starting, is not working. Can't find any address and can't give any kind of navigation. This is happening since last update. From forums that i am reading everybody faces the same problem. Many tried uninstall, reset e.t.c but nothing fixed the problem....
  10. MUWG Crossword Worlds Maps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MUWG Crossword Worlds Maps: I enjoy MUWG every day. They are games BUT here it is October 2018 and I have only received 6 Maps/Worlds for Crosswords. Where are the other 4 monthly Maps/Worlds. In addition, I have not gotten any Sunday Crosswords at all this year. Certainly not what I expected from my...