Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone

Discus and support Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hello! I’m Aaron Butcher and I’m the Group Program Manager for the Maps Team in the Windows PC, Phone, and Tablet Group. In the January Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2015
  2. Analy [MSFT] Win User

HERE Maps officially dead on Windows platform ?

You should find your essential needs covered by the new Windows Maps app available on Windows 10, it brings together into one app the functionality that was spread across multiple apps. You can read more about it here:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/04/17/navigate-the-world-with-windows-10-maps-for-phone/

Offline maps are downloadable for free on Windows 10 and available through the Maps app and to any app that takes advantage of the Windows 10 Map control. The Maps app does use data from both Bing Maps and HERE Maps.

Analy [MSFT], Apr 17, 2015
  3. Likhitha V Win User
    Data variation in Windows Maps app from HERE map app on Windows 10.

Hi Miklos,

From the above description, I understand the data of Windows Maps is varying from one device to another. Please reply, are you using Windows Maps app on android or Lumia mobile device?

The Windows Maps has more features than HERE maps. Windows Maps has added 3D view and much more enhanced features than HERE maps did on both PC and mobile devices. Because of the enhanced features the data may vary from Windows 8.1 phone version to
    Windows 10 phone version.

Refer to the link below on Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone:

Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone - Windows Experience Blog

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of data varying from Windows 8.1 HERE map version to other device Windows Maps app on the mobile device in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us
    to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 17, 2015
  4. BillyBob Win User

I'm hoping HTC and Microsoft can get together so I can buy a good Windows phone when my contract runs out. I've been buying HTC since the Desire and now have the M8, I'd like to have a go at a Windows phone hopefully with Windows 10 and the new Maps.

I'm not game to try any other brand, HTC has never given me any problems at all, I usually give them to family when they run out of contract and even the Desire is still running well.

BillyBob, Apr 17, 2015
Thema:

Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone - Similar Threads - Navigate World Maps

1. Annoying GAP in Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 News
    Annoying GAP in Navigation Pane: Is there some tweak to fix this gap in Build 17063? there was no GAP in the previous build. [img] 101455
  2. Does Chrome have a navigation - menu bar

in Windows 10 News
    Does Chrome have a navigation - menu bar: I'm familiar with windows 7, but new to Windows 10, Windows 7 had a navigation - menu bar, for file, tools, help etc, i'm unable to find it on chrome 106690
  3. div li my site navigation menus not working since last week

in Windows 10 News
    div li my site navigation menus not working since last week: I have a number of sites, about 14, all with a li and dive navigation menu system. Each site is separate. On some sites they still work, and on some they only work on the front page/article. works on this one: Crest of a Star front page/article only: BlinkBlink...
  4. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 News
    Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane: New tutorial all finished. *Smile *Arrow Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer Windows 10 Tutorials
  5. How Do I Navigate through Macrium Reflect Screen?

in Windows 10 News
    How Do I Navigate through Macrium Reflect Screen?: I'm trying to restore my system from an image backup through macrium reflect's boot up screen. I get to the restore screen but all I can navigate are just the menu drop downs on top with the keyboard (alt + tab). The mouse is disabled. I can't navigate to the middle of the...
  6. File Explorer - Full navigation from Quick Access not possible?

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer - Full navigation from Quick Access not possible?: I have been on Windows 10 for a few months, and whilst it is mostly fine, File Explorer is driving me up the wall. Can a program be any more broken? I've been using Quick Access for a while, but is useless in terms of navigating through the hierarchy of a folder, so I can...
  7. Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Remove Documents from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: Is there a way to remove the Documents node from File Explorer's Navigation Pane? [img] 108947
Navigate the World with Windows 10 Maps for Phone solved