Windows 10: Navigating search functions

Discus and support Navigating search functions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tyler4508, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Tyler4508 Win User

Navigating search functions

When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box before I can right click to paste then I have to hit search. How to I change my home pc to act like my work PC. Both are running windows 10

:)

Tyler4508, Apr 20, 2022
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2022 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Apr 20, 2022
  3. ginGammel Win User
    Search function in Win10

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but as I stated in my previous message, I whitnessed this behaviour on various machines. Can you confirm that the search function works fine on your PC when repeating the same steps I described?

ginGammel, Apr 20, 2022
  4. Navigating search functions

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 20, 2022
Thema:

Navigating search functions

1. Navigating search functions - Similar Threads - Navigating search functions

2. Cannot navigate in search window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot navigate in search window.: If you opened search and typed the name of any program say "Word" you could press the [right arrow] key to access the open command and the recent files that appeared there. But for some reason this is not working for me for about a hour or so. Any help is appreciated....
  3. Cannot navigate in search window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot navigate in search window.: If you opened search and typed the name of any program say "Word" you could press the [right arrow] key to access the open command and the recent files that appeared there. But for some reason this is not working for me for about a hour or so. Any help is appreciated....
  4. Navigating search functions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  5. Navigating search functions

Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  6. Number Pad Functioning as Navigation Buttons

Number Pad Functioning as Navigation Buttons: When I linked my Galaxy to my PC for screen sharing it worked perfectly except that the number pad is using the numbers as arrows to move the cursor instead of typing the number itself 4 moves left, 6 moves right, 8 is up and 2 is down. How do I correct this? I couldn't find...
  7. Windows search not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not functioning: Is it only me or others are also having problems. my windows search is not working when i type in some app name...even fully it's only showing files but not apps...can someone please help me with this? Thanks.... I'm a windows insider...btw...up to date... updated. submitted...
  8. Search function in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Win10: Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see...
  9. search function on taskbar

in Cortana
    search function on taskbar: just reinstalled win 10 but a large black box p0ps up on screen , emanating from the search white box lower left taskbar and asks me to strart typing , search etc ... it disappears when i press escape bu t alway s returns.. i am using a german keboard , ie selexted in...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935