Windows 10: Navigating to Desk Top Shortcuts in Windows 11

Discus and support Navigating to Desk Top Shortcuts in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have set up Windows 11 with 2 hard drives and a SSD. Have loaded documents, pictures, music etc on one of the hard drives. I have created a shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by don64, May 18, 2022.

1. don64 Win User

Navigating to Desk Top Shortcuts in Windows 11

I have set up Windows 11 with 2 hard drives and a SSD. Have loaded documents, pictures, music etc on one of the hard drives. I have created a shortcut to these folders on the desk top - Have labelled them My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos etc Not using the default library as I lose control of locations and makes it hard when I am backing up hard drives.Now when I am saving a file, I click on DESK TOP see image 1 and the shortcuts on the desktop are not displayed - I have to select - THIS PC - THE DRIVE - THE FOLDER - Is there some way to make the desk top as I see it appear when I selec

:)

don64, May 18, 2022

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 18, 2022
  3. gwalks Win User
    How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

I want to pin a shortcut for certain apps to my desk top, but it only allows me to pin it to my Windows 10 start menu, or to the task bar. How can I pin it to the desk top?

gwalks, May 18, 2022
  4. Navigating to Desk Top Shortcuts in Windows 11

Slartybart, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Navigating to Desk Top Shortcuts in Windows 11

1. Navigating to Desk Top Shortcuts in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Navigating Desk Top

2. Navigating to Desk Top Shortcuts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigating to Desk Top Shortcuts in Windows 11: I have set up Windows 11 with 2 hard drives and a SSD. Have loaded documents, pictures, music etc on one of the hard drives. I have created a shortcut to these folders on the desk top - Have labelled them My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos etc Not using the default library...
  3. desk top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desk top: My old desk top with the icon and info is disapperaed ps help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/c2f6e620-5b0b-4993-a40c-b9aea2f71dda
  4. desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top: my desk top display changed from the display where the desktop showed google chrome, trash, Kindle etc.. They are now in the taskbar. How do I change it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/0d4d4504-e4f6-468d-bebb-da280d3e690a
  5. desk top shortcut/icons

desk top shortcut/icons: you know those short cut icons on your desk top? for your browser, and different software like adobe and stuff? I was just cleaning my keyboard, and hit function key or other, any way, I accidently changed the size of those things from normal to gigantic. How do get the...
  6. desk top

desk top: while trying to copy pictures to put on a flash drive i have somehow put them on my desktop, how do i remove them and not delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top/1281a9bf-36ba-4ad2-8803-513bf653ef54
  7. desk top shortcuts not shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    desk top shortcuts not shown: desktop short cuts not displayed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-shortcuts-not-shown/9224f33f-eb73-436b-8659-1d269661c054"
  8. Desk top

Desk top: my desk top has disappeared. All the icons have disappeared. I can log onto the computer into my area of use, but once in nothing comes up. When you click on the home button - it does nit bring up any thing just a whirling ball? Is this my computer going faulty or...
  9. google chrome desk top shortcuts

google chrome desk top shortcuts: when I open up a web site (chrome) via desk top short cut multiple web sites attempt to load. ie open up outlook and 2 additional yahoo operations appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-desk-top-shortcuts/ff590c50-859e-4adb-85a2-f08c6cb0c473
  10. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...