Windows 10: Navigating with file explorer through folder with many zip files is very slow.

Discus and support Navigating with file explorer through folder with many zip files is very slow. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, When I navigate through a network directory that contains many zip files I seem to have a pause while some kind of indexing is going on. Happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PookAllpike, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Navigating with file explorer through folder with many zip files is very slow.

Hi,

When I navigate through a network directory that contains many zip files I seem to have a pause while some kind of indexing is going on. Happens every time I navigate through it, from parent through to child and back again.
    Is there some policy I can enable that will cause explorer to stop looking inside zip files?

-Pook

:)

PookAllpike, Nov 20, 2019
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Nov 20, 2019
  3. digibucc Win User
    Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Navigating with file explorer through folder with many zip files is very slow.

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Navigating with file explorer through folder with many zip files is very slow.

1. Navigating with file explorer through folder with many zip files is very slow. - Similar Threads - Navigating file explorer

2. File explorer working very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer working very slow: so when I want to open a folder on a solid state drive or hard drive, the name and thumbnail of the file disappear as in my attachment then "working on it" appears, then after that the file can be accessed. The steps i have done :Restart my laptopRestart Windows Explorer via...
  3. File explorer working very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer working very slow: so when I want to open a folder on a solid state drive or hard drive, the name and thumbnail of the file disappear as in my attachment then "working on it" appears, then after that the file can be accessed. The steps i have done :Restart my laptopRestart Windows Explorer via...
  4. file explorer very slow / not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer very slow / not responding: file explorer very slow / not responding. takes for ever to come respond.done the clear cache,sfc check and options setingsno change.only started after the latest update....
  5. file explorer very slow / not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer very slow / not responding: file explorer very slow / not responding. takes for ever to come respond.done the clear cache,sfc check and options setingsno change.only started after the latest update....
  6. Very slow show of files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow show of files in Explorer: Dear All, First post in this forum, thanks everybody in advance, and greetings from Switzerland. As the subject says, I have horribly slow performances when navigating in folders of my external drive (I copied the content in my fixed SDD and it doesn't change). Please check...
  7. File explorer/search very very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer/search very very very slow: Green search bar takes 10+ minutes to complete its progress across the bar .. working on it ... ..... it says - really i think!! Since 20H2 'update' the whole OS seems slow to respond and react, with all apps very slow - obviously suspect the file access an search as the...
  8. Extracting files from zipped folder is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting files from zipped folder is very slow: I have a zipped folder of size 280 MB, this folder contains json files and the total size of the folder is around 500-600 MB. While extracting the files from the zipped folder, the speed is only 5-6 KBps and shows that it'll take more than 8 hours. Please let me know how do I...
  9. Very slow to show files in folder with many files

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow to show files in folder with many files: I have a big problem. I have a NAS with some folders containing many movies, in one 1.000 and in the other over 2.000, and every time I go to open the folder windows 10 takes a long to see them all files, especially put them in order of date or size There the way to solve it...
  10. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer: Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my...