Windows 10: Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive

Discus and support Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win L: 10 10240. ONLY usb drives in the navigation pane keep expanding to open folder. I have turned this setting off/on many times and it will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dacrone, Oct 8, 2015.

1. dacrone Win User

Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive

Win L: 10 10240. ONLY usb drives in the navigation pane keep expanding to open folder. I have turned this setting off/on many times and it will not stick for usb drives. Is there a reg file around here that will take care of this for me? I searched but didn't see anything at a quick glance. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just noticed that this happens on my Win 7 H.P. machine as well. If anyone knows a fix for 7, it may work on 10 too.

:)

dacrone, Oct 8, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Export photos

Hi Maureen,

Your best option is to do this the old way . ..

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left expand This PC so you can see the USB Flash Drive in the left pane

In the right pane, navigate to the folder(s) containing your Photos

Drag those photos onto the USB Flash drive

DaveM121, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    icon for "computer"

Or you can use the <WIN><E> shortcut to display File Explorer.

If there isn't a column of foldername displayed on the left side of the window go to the View tab and click on the Navigation Pane drop down button and make sure that the "navigation pane" has a check mark beside it.

Find "This PC" and click expand it, if it isn't already expanded. Under it you will see a list of your drives, including the USB if ti is plugged in.

Rohn007, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive

1. Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive - Similar Threads - Navigation Pane Always

2. Navigation pane not expanding when using Quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation pane not expanding when using Quick access: I am using Windows 11 pro version 22H2 and since the last update navigation pane stopped expanding when I use Quick access pinned folders. In practice this bug makes the whole Quick access useless since jumping between folders is difficult. The only way to be able to use...
  3. Navigation pane not expanding when using Quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane not expanding when using Quick access: I am using Windows 11 pro version 22H2 and since the last update navigation pane stopped expanding when I use Quick access pinned folders. In practice this bug makes the whole Quick access useless since jumping between folders is difficult. The only way to be able to use...
  4. how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover: In Windows 10. I keep copying files into the wrong folders due to the system expanding a folder at the instant I release a file copy into a folder in the navigation pane. This is NOT the 'Expand to current fodler' problem. This is when I have grabbed a file to move or copy it...
  5. how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover: In Windows 10. I keep copying files into the wrong folders due to the system expanding a folder at the instant I release a file copy into a folder in the navigation pane. This is NOT the 'Expand to current fodler' problem. This is when I have grabbed a file to move or copy it...
  6. how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Navigation pane keeps expanding folders: I have noticed that lately, the navigation pane has been expanding folders when opening them. That option is disabled in folder view settings. https://i.imgur.com/FcNSf9i.png https://i.imgur.com/Ext1HJd.png Noticed it on two separate computers. Its really annoying, any...
  8. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  9. Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder: Like the title says, I cannot get the navigation pane to expand to the currently open folder right now on one of my machines, it stays stuck on either Desktop or Quick Access. And mainly when navigating one of the virtual folders, like "My Documents". I think I need to go...
  10. Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?: Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation pane as root items down the left, but the other four are not... What makes those three so special? How do I customize this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to keep folders in usb from expanding on navigation pane