Windows 10: Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom

Discus and support Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, This is a minor thing, but as we know after time small things become annoying. Every time I open File Explorer, or any folder, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeneS, Jul 23, 2019.

1. GeneS Win User

Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom

Hello All,

This is a minor thing, but as we know after time small things become annoying.

Every time I open File Explorer, or any folder, the Navigation Pane is scrolled at the bottom. I have to scroll to the top to access the Quick Access folders which kinda works against the idea of them being quick. One would think that when opening folders, the Navigation Pane should be scrolled to the top with Quick Access available right there no scrolling requiring. It doesn't make sense it opens scrolled to the bottom.

It's like water torture, one drop at a time driving me crazy.

:)

GeneS, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

3. Scroll Speed of Navigation Pane in File Explorer

Hello,

Your suggestion doesn't work (I've tried it as well before asking this). I set it to 3 lines but it only scrolls one line instead of 3 in navigation pane. I then tried setting it to 6 and it scrolls by 2 lines instead of 6.

Edho Arief, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom

File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.

When I move my cursor into the Navigation Pane of File Explorer, the scroll bar immediately and unstoppably starts scrolling to the top, here it stops. Any attempt to move it downwards or use the scrolling function on my mouse is thwarted by the bar immediately
    scrolling back to the top. The details pane works as normal.

A similar effect occurs in the Favourites List in Edge and in my spread sheets (Open Office's Excel compatible programme).

Can anyone help, please?

JudyHultgren, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom

1. Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom - Similar Threads - Navigation Pane always

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?: Hi!I don't like using the navigation pane in windows explorer because I can't browse as I normally would. I can't use the keyboard and the scroll wheel doesn't work, forcing me to click the narrow scrollbar and drag it as I search and then click the item I need manually.Is...
  4. How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move Quick access to the bottom of the navigation pane: As the title says I'm trying to move the quick access entry of the navigation pane to the bottom of my order but I can't find the correct registry entry to do that. No matter what order index I assign to other items on my navigation pane they never move above quick access...
  5. Navigation pane in File Explorer always opens to the bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation pane in File Explorer always opens to the bottom: I have a link to the F: drive on the task bar which does get me to my files quickly. However, the left panel is always at the bottom even after trying both solutions here. I previously had a couple more folders on the desktop that were at the bottom of the left panel so...
  6. Always scroll to the top or bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always scroll to the top or bottom: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  7. File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.: When I move my cursor into the Navigation Pane of File Explorer, the scroll bar immediately and unstoppably starts scrolling to the top, here it stops. Any attempt to move it downwards or use the scrolling function on my mouse is thwarted by the bar immediately scrolling back...
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista: [img] 53264
  10. Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive: Win L: 10 10240. ONLY usb drives in the navigation pane keep expanding to open folder. I have turned this setting off/on many times and it will not stick for usb drives. Is there a reg file around here that will take care of this for me? I searched but didn't see anything at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 opens new folder scrolled to bottom of list