Windows 10: Navigation pane Entry

Discus and support Navigation pane Entry in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m showing a listing ‘MININT-TGA-TGA1D1C’ in my navigation pane #1. Do any on this forum have any idea what this is all about? My 1st search of MININT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldyeller38, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Navigation pane Entry

I’m showing a listing ‘MININT-TGA-TGA1D1C’ in my navigation pane #1. Do any on this forum have any idea what this is all about? My 1st search of MININT came up with some thing related to the Cuban Ministry #2 screen. After using all letters in quotation marks I got the 3rd screen of no results. Doing more searches, after switching back to Google search from Bing there was some information about pictures, photos and/or images of different kinds; JPEG .GIF, BMP, PNG. etc. etc.

:)

oldyeller38, Jan 16, 2019

2. Removing entries in navigation pane?

My navigation pane shows Joseph Simpson (‘my name’) & My PC. Under My PC (expanded) I can see my external H-drives; but they do not show under ‘my name’. Both are almost the same as far as entries (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. etc. Would it be safe to move most of the content in each entry from ‘my name’ to My PC & delete the listed entries under ‘my name’ (remove clutter)?
    Most of my data is stored on the external Hdd’s. Would that upset the apple cart as my name (Joseph Simpson) is the only account on this computer, therefore is the only administrator account. Both expanded together becomes a little confusing.
    This is how MS set up the computer’s navigation pane after the new Recovery ran.
    Not being a computer guru, I’m assuming it was a total restore from a Dell recovery partition on the Hdd, as this was a refurbished unit with 10 pro already installed.

[/SIZE]

oldyeller38, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Navigation pane Entry :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Navigation pane Entry

Modify Navigation Pane

Way to not read the original question carefully. Typical of anyone claiming they provide support.

The REAL answer is:

This can only be done via editing the registry. The values are not intuative to find, especially for third-party apps like Dropbox, Adobe Creative Clod, etc. all of which add an entry to the navigation pane without asking.

You can find the registry paths for the build-in entries, like OneDrive here:

http://www.askvg.com/windows-10-tip...etwork-icons-from-navigation-pane-of-this-pc/

I'm afraid I do not know the registry path for third party apps, but maybe the above link can get you started.

KlytusLord, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Navigation pane Entry

1. Navigation pane Entry - Similar Threads - Navigation pane Entry

2. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. How to remove entries from File Explorer Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove entries from File Explorer Navigation Pane?: Uninstalled iCloud from my windows pc and now i get these 3 entries and when i click it says this. How do i get rid of them? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-entries-from-file-explorer/131f6385-4aac-48e7-9211-64ba00cb07b3
  6. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  7. make singular entry in navigation pane for Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    make singular entry in navigation pane for Desktop: Hi all, I managed to piece together how to set this up for a custom location -- thanks very much for the information provided. This site looks to be a great resource. I'm hoping to do something similar for the Desktop. I know it's available by the Quick Access pins, or the...
  8. Removing entries in navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing entries in navigation pane?: My navigation pane shows Joseph Simpson (‘my name’) & My PC. Under My PC (expanded) I can see my external H-drives; but they do not show under ‘my name’. Both are almost the same as far as entries (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. etc. Would it be safe to move most...
  9. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888