Windows 10: Navigation Pane Icon Size

Discus and support Navigation Pane Icon Size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to increase the size of the drive and/or folder icons in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer? It's easy to change the icon size in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theMucker, Mar 22, 2016.

1. theMucker Win User

Navigation Pane Icon Size

Is there a way to increase the size of the drive and/or folder icons in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer? It's easy to change the icon size in the folder pane or on the desktop, but these changes don't seem to affect the icons in the navigation pane of Explorer. I have folders of photos and can assign a photo from within the folder as it's icon, but it's too small to make-out.

:)

theMucker, Mar 22, 2016
  2. PiperBill Win User

Windows Explorer queries

I have just upgraded two PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I have two queries:

a) I have a network drive that I use for backups and it appears to be working ok. However in Windows Explorer, it does not appear under "Network" in the Navigation Pane, though, if I highlight "Network" in the Navigation Pane, an icon for the drive does
    appear in the Contents Pane (but it is not expandable). Curiously, in the other PC, a laptop, the drive did appear in the Navigation Pane following the upgrade, but it now seems to have vanished.

b) Again, in Windows Explorer, when I highlight "Network" in the Navigation Pane, I see my Broadband Router in the Contents Pane (though not in the Navigation Pane). However the icon for the router appears and disappears at approximately one second intervals.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill

PiperBill, Mar 22, 2016
  3. File Explorer Crash when minimizing folder

Thanks xsdnide - this worked for me too, seems file explorer has stability issues when the Navigation Pane is selected which is a pain(excuse the pun) as the primary function of file explorer is to explore files using the file hierarchy in the navigation
    pane - no matter what size the window is.

MarcusBuchan, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

Navigation Pane Icon Size

1. Navigation Pane Icon Size - Similar Threads - Navigation Pane Icon

2. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer: Hello, I know it is possible to change the size of fonts in windows, but I only want to change the size of the Navigation Pane in Windows File Explorer. The icons as well. I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Anyone? submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub [link] [comments]...
  6. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  7. Customizing system icons and navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing system icons and navigation pane: Hi everyone, I've got two small issues that are that get me really nitpicky when I'm reminded of them. I was hoping you could help me with those. So the first one is I'd like to customize system icons. Before the upgrade from Windows 7 I had IconPackger which was...
  8. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  9. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888
  10. Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows How to Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ADJUST THE SIZE OF THE WINDOWS EXPLORER NAVIGATION PANE ICONS