Windows 10: Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer

Discus and support Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; last week I upgraded to windows 10. All seems fine and works except that I have a display problem in file explorer The icons on the navigation pane... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ilan, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Ilan Win User

Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer

last week I upgraded to windows 10. All seems fine and works except that I have a display problem in file explorer
    The icons on the navigation pane (left) seem to have a white box superimposed on them. Changing an icon does not help just shows the new icon with the white box
    I have attached a screen dump
    Thanks

:)

Ilan, Jun 9, 2016

2. What has happened to the properties bar in Windows 10

The question is not whether to display properties or previews in the right-hand pane. The question is how to get rid of it.

I've been using Win 10 for several months now, and I use File Explorer every day. Two days ago, suddenly it started to show that right-hand pane. Until then, there were only two panes, the navigation pane and the details pane. The new third pane takes
    up badly needed desktop space and I'd like to get rid of it.

How?

Dave Birren, Jun 9, 2016
  3. File Explorer search problem.

What do you mean by 'tabs'? There are no tabs in File Explorer.

Are you talking about folder icons the Navigation Pane?

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Jun 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Jun 9, 2016
  5. Ilan Win User
    Ilan, Jun 9, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    This may not be an answer, but no harm trying.................
    Do a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Jun 9, 2016
  7. Ilan Win User
    I got the
    "No integrity violation."
    response

Ilan, Jun 9, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

I am sorry.
    I have no more ideas.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with your anti-virus program. But I am just speculating.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer - Similar Threads - Navigation pane icons

2. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  3. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  4. Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer: Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question, does anyone know how to or rather if there even is a way, to be able to set the navigation pane in File Explorer to dynamically minimize and maximise on mouse hover? I have pined the option to show and hide navigation...
  5. Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane

Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi. I have some items in the navigation pane of Win10 file explorer that I can't seem to get rid of. They point to nothing. When I right click them I have no option to delete. Here is a screen shot of what happens when I try to open one. Can anyone help me get rid of...
  6. Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer: Hello, I know it is possible to change the size of fonts in windows, but I only want to change the size of the Navigation Pane in Windows File Explorer. The icons as well. I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Anyone? submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub [link] [comments]...
  7. File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons have changed

File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons have changed: Hello. First time participating here. I asked this question a while ago on the HP community and the Ten Forums. Although suggestions were offered, the problem persists. I cannot give an exact date, but at some point my File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons changed from the...
  8. File Explorer Navigation Pane Default Icons Have Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Navigation Pane Default Icons Have Changed: Hello! First time posting here. I asked this question about a week ago on the HP community, and although a suggestion was offered, the problem persists. I cannot give an exact date, but at some point my File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons changed from the default: [img]...
  9. File Explorer - Navigation Pane Slow to display Network devices

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Navigation Pane Slow to display Network devices: Minor niggle with File Explorer's Navigation Pane initially slow to display my networked devices (computers). However clicking the Network Icon immediately populates the area to the right of the Navigation Pane with my Computers, Media Devices and Storage. Network sharing...
  10. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...