Windows 10: Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

Discus and support Navigation pane keeps expanding folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have noticed that lately, the navigation pane has been expanding folders when opening them. That option is disabled in folder view settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KatzeWolf, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

/u/KatzeWolf, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Dec 19, 2019
  3. File Explorer navigation pane sometimes expands to show all folders and sometimes consolidates shows only the selected folder

Both the folders that expand fully and those that partially expand have exactly the same settings, which are as you suggested, so this didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Bruce Needham, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk
    and open each parent folder independently (generally at least half a dozen). Is there a quick way to ask window to open the tree, only when I want it shown?

I know there is an option to show all folders, but this makes the navigation pane un-navigable and useless

Folder Options / View Tab / Navigation pane/ Show all folders

Another option is better, but becomes a nuisance when used all the time.

Folder Options / View Tab / Navigation pane/ Expand to open folder

The handiest would be a right-click option to "Expand Folder Tree".

MadDoctor61, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

1. Navigation pane keeps expanding folders - Similar Threads - Navigation pane keeps

2. how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover: In Windows 10. I keep copying files into the wrong folders due to the system expanding a folder at the instant I release a file copy into a folder in the navigation pane. This is NOT the 'Expand to current fodler' problem. This is when I have grabbed a file to move or copy it...
  3. how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover: In Windows 10. I keep copying files into the wrong folders due to the system expanding a folder at the instant I release a file copy into a folder in the navigation pane. This is NOT the 'Expand to current fodler' problem. This is when I have grabbed a file to move or copy it...
  4. how to stop navigation pane expanding folders on hover

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.: Hi,I have tried all the options from this linkhttps://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-expand-folder-in-navigation-pane-of-file-explorer-in-windows-11.2544/If I open my File Explorer through Windows, it works correctly it doesn't expand .However if I open my File Explorer...
  6. Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?: If I right click any expandable folder in the navigation pane then Expand appears at the top of the context menu or else Collapse appears if the folder is already expanded. The issue: Both context menu entries for Expand/ Collapse show the wrong icon. I'm not even sure if...
  7. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  8. Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder: Like the title says, I cannot get the navigation pane to expand to the currently open folder right now on one of my machines, it stays stuck on either Desktop or Quick Access. And mainly when navigating one of the virtual folders, like "My Documents". I think I need to go...
  9. Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Expand to Current Folder in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This...
  10. Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Always Expanding on USB Drive: Win L: 10 10240. ONLY usb drives in the navigation pane keep expanding to open folder. I have turned this setting off/on many times and it will not stick for usb drives. Is there a reg file around here that will take care of this for me? I searched but didn't see anything at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. navigation pane keeps opening all sub folders