Windows 10: Navigation Pane.

Discus and support Navigation Pane. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sean Gozar, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Navigation Pane.

What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever.

:)

Sean Gozar, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

Bree, Nov 9, 2022
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Navigation Pane. :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Nov 9, 2022
  4. Navigation Pane.

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Navigation Pane. :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Nov 9, 2022
Thema:

Navigation Pane.

1. Navigation Pane. - Similar Threads - Navigation Pane

2. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S: After Windows 10 was released the O/S stopped using Favorites also known as Links in the Navigation pane of file explorer and replaced it with Quick access.The issue with Quick Access is that it won't show the link if the linked folder is hidden. It would go away after the...
  3. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S: After Windows 10 was released the O/S stopped using Favorites also known as Links in the Navigation pane of file explorer and replaced it with Quick access.The issue with Quick Access is that it won't show the link if the linked folder is hidden. It would go away after the...
  4. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  6. Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...

Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on Favorites...: Windows Explorer Navigation Pane left side bar is very slow with recent items on slow IO devicesi.e. network drive.It shows nothing including fast physical drives until the IO device containing recent file/dirs responds.It should display only items from slow devices later,...
  7. file explorer doesn't open to this pc and NOT show this pc in navigation pane at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer doesn't open to this pc and NOT show this pc in navigation pane at the same time.: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language version 23H2.I want to set file explorer to open to 'this pc' instead of 'home'. I also want to deselect 'show this pc in navigation pane' option. The first can be done in the general tab of folder options and the second in the view...
  8. file explorer doesn't open to this pc and NOT show this pc in navigation pane at the same time.

file explorer doesn't open to this pc and NOT show this pc in navigation pane at the same time.: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language version 23H2.I want to set file explorer to open to 'this pc' instead of 'home'. I also want to deselect 'show this pc in navigation pane' option. The first can be done in the general tab of folder options and the second in the view...
  9. WIndows 10 21H2 - Quick Access Shortcut Missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 21H2 - Quick Access Shortcut Missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: We installed the latest update last week for Windows 10 21H2, and since the update we are now missing the Quick Access shortcut from the Navigation Pane in File Explorer.I have checked all registry settings, tried running repairs, and nothing is bringing the Quick Access...
  10. WIndows 10 21H2 - Quick Access Shortcut Missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer

WIndows 10 21H2 - Quick Access Shortcut Missing from Navigation Pane in File Explorer: We installed the latest update last week for Windows 10 21H2, and since the update we are now missing the Quick Access shortcut from the Navigation Pane in File Explorer.I have checked all registry settings, tried running repairs, and nothing is bringing the Quick Access...