Windows 10: NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes

Discus and support NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OpenSSL, arguably the world's most important Web security library with its support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes

Read more: NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Mar 7, 2015

2. Event log when windows credential deleted

Often Outlook credentials will just will just delete themselves and I want to understand more why that is happening.

I've turned on all auditing in group policy Computer config>windows settings> security settings > local policies> audit policy

In credential manager I've created a set of credentials and deleted them but can't seem to find the log in event viewer.

ggjkjkjkjkjk, Mar 7, 2015
  3. JayG500 Win User
    Auditing UAC use in Windows 10

Is there a way to see the program someone is running when they utilize elevated rights through UAC?

I tried setting Group Policy, auditing settings are located within Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Audit Policy:

Audit Privilege Use - success/failure

Audit Process Tracking - success/failure

I receive several messages - event IDs: 4611, 4648, 4799, 4624 --- but they don't tell me the program the user is launching. Some of the messages that mention process name, but always mention "consent.exe"
    instead of the program the user is requesting.

Additionally -- the UAC "Applications and Services Logs" is empty. Not sure if there is a way to enable this to provide more information?

Thank you.

JayG500, Mar 7, 2015
Thema:

NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes

1. NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes - Similar Threads - NCC Group audit

2. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Security Hole: I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify...
  3. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Security Hole: I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify...
  4. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Openssl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Openssl: I was trying to fix titanfall 2 servers by using posts from steam. i came along this one post saying "The fix that helped me"Open “File Explorer” Win+E, right-click on “This PC”, and select “Properties”Select “Advanced System Settings”Select “Environment Variables” in the...
  6. Openssl

Openssl: I was trying to fix titanfall 2 servers by using posts from steam. i came along this one post saying "The fix that helped me"Open “File Explorer” Win+E, right-click on “This PC”, and select “Properties”Select “Advanced System Settings”Select “Environment Variables” in the...
  7. How do I prevent this security hole?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent this security hole?: Windows 11 prevented me from completing installation until I gave it a PIN. That's a bad idea, since that bypasses the username/password requirement to log in to this organization's equipment, so I need to remove it. How is this accomplished? Also, please don't try to justify...
  8. How do I prevent this security hole?

How do I prevent this security hole?: Windows 11 prevented me from completing installation until I gave it a PIN. That's a bad idea, since that bypasses the username/password requirement to log in to this organization's equipment, so I need to remove it. How is this accomplished? Also, please don't try to justify...
  9. Microsoft Windows security auditing.

Microsoft Windows security auditing.: So recently I have been getting weird background noises/notifications and I found out that they have been coming from the event viewer. I checked the security logs and many of the logs say someone has logged in or created special privellages to a new logon. I was wondering...
  10. Security auditing - how to disable?

Security auditing - how to disable?: I noticed after checking my event viewer for something that under Windows>security, there are tons and tons of "audit success" entries. Is this necessary for the PC to run security auditing constantly like this and log it? It seems unnecessary. Can I disable it? 76900