Windows 10: NCIS - Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) won't go away

Discus and support NCIS - Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) won't go away in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I enable modern authentication in O365 most Dell PC clients are happy but 20 or so that show the Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JC3, Dec 5, 2018.

1. JC3
    JC3 Win User

NCIS - Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) won't go away

When I enable modern authentication in O365 most Dell PC clients are happy but 20 or so that show the Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) get Outlook startup errors or constant login prompts. So I’ve set a group policy to stop the check, but the <insert curse word here> yellow triangle is still showing up for some users, (link below has more info). Yes, they do have Internet access despite the icon and can happily browse to http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt. Happens in Windows 7 and 10.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...n-status-icon/

“If you enable this policy setting, NCSI does not run either of the two active tests. This may reduce the ability of NCSI, and of other components that use NCSI, to determine Internet access.”

When I update the NIC drivers with newer versions directly from Intel the triangle goes away but comes back after a few reboots. Thoughts on other things I can check/try?

Thanks,

:)

2. janQZ Win User

network shows yellow triangle but network works

My windows 10 computer showed a yellow triangle in the network icon. It seemed that there was no network connection but there was. All non Microsoft programs worked fine.

After 4 hours of sweeting I found out that I had to change a registry entry

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet

and then the Triangle disappeared. I'm using a wired connection.

The problem is that the windows updates doesn't work, when there is a yellow triangle. So without knowing your computer is not safe anymore, because there is some strange network check.

The question for me is why there is a network check which seems unreliable.

Kind regards

Jan

janQZ, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Amor Win User
    Internet is okay, but icon stays yellow triangle! Can you help?

Hello, Im using windows 10 Professional and I have a PPPoE broadband connection. But when I connect it, the icon stays yellow triangle which means no network.

Why does it happen?

NCIS - Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) won't go away [​IMG]

NCIS - Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) won't go away [​IMG]

Amor, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Ka1online Win User

Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is connected with a yellow triangle on the icon.

troubleshooting gives unidentified problem.

internet connection when cable is plugged or through wifi works well.

is this the normal appearance of LAN icon when not connected to internet?

Ka1online, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NCIS - Network Connection Status Icon (yellow triangle) won't go away - Similar Threads - NCIS Network Connection

2. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  3. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  4. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Defender yellow warning triangle wont go away despite no errors or risks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender yellow warning triangle wont go away despite no errors or risks: The warning triangle showed up 2 weeks ago and i was facing problem with a windows update at that time so i did an in place upgrade as suggested by a thread in this community. The upgrade made way for the update and the warning went away but a couple of days ago it shows up...
  6. Defender yellow warning triangle wont go away despite no errors or risks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender yellow warning triangle wont go away despite no errors or risks: The warning triangle showed up 2 weeks ago and i was facing problem with a windows update at that time so i did an in place upgrade as suggested by a thread in this community. The upgrade made way for the update and the warning went away but a couple of days ago it shows up...
  7. Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803

Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803: OS: Win10 x64 - v1803 Dell workstation Optiplex 780, 7010 Onboard network - Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network. Problem: Yellow network icon but still able to surf the interent (webpages), but Internet icon shows the domain name but Not connected. Can ping out to external...
  8. network adapter status show yellow triangle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter status show yellow triangle: can someone solve my problem,, tq to those troubleshooter in the community forum. 1. i cannot connect wifi.. there no sign of wifi, check the settings on network status nothing and try troubleshoot n change adapter shown 1,2 & 3 pic,, pic1,2,3.. tq [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Icon in shows Yellow ! and won't go away: My Windows 10 defender is showing [ATTACH] in the lower right portion of my desktop screen - I guess that is the task bar by the date/clock. all the windows defender setting are set [ATTACH] So what can I do to get rid of the [ATTACH] because it was not there before?...
  10. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what causes the yellow triangle in the network icon to come on

2. what causes the yellow lan triangle to go away

3. ncsi yellow triangle noactiveprobe