Windows 10: Ndu.sys bluescreens - happen before and after motherboard and memory replacement

Discus and support Ndu.sys bluescreens - happen before and after motherboard and memory replacement in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system was having stability issues and about two months ago I started getting bluescreens related to the Ndu.sys. I ignored them since they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MerrickGearing, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Ndu.sys bluescreens - happen before and after motherboard and memory replacement

My system was having stability issues and about two months ago I started getting bluescreens related to the Ndu.sys. I ignored them since they happened once in a bluemoon. They ONLY happened when surfing the web. Never while playing a game. I did a long gaming session of Metro Last Light inbetween bluescreens. However, in the past two weeks they have gotten way more frequent and about a week ago started having issues with apps hanging, the system freezing and was concerned that my motherboard and/or NVME drives had gone bad, so I had it replaced. Even with the motherboard and memory being replaced, I still got bluescreens and the stability issues drastically intensified. It seems that the culprit was my Sabrent NVME 512GB. Once I replaced it with an old 128 GB NVME in my new motherboad, the apps hanging and Windows explorer crashes, not to mention things like very long waits for Windows to login and shutdown, have seemingly disappeared. That part of Windows runs fine now, but I am still getting bluescreen crashes. However, one big thing I have to mention is that for the first time today, Windows had a hard freeze in conditions similar to what lead to a bluescreen. I have since disabled Ndu.sys in registry editor, but I did get a bluescreen that just said KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, which I have seen in many, but not all of them. I even had one bluescreen say SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION What failed: nvlddmkm.sys which what worried me that it might be my GPU, but since I have gamed without any issues, I am not inclined to believe the GPU is my cause.

System specs when the bluescreens started I've had this setup since Nov. so it was not a recent issue:
    AMD Ryzen 3900X
    EVGA Geforce 2080 Ti
    Asus ROG Strix X570-E
    Corsair 3200 32GB 4x8GB config
    Sabrent 512GB NVME - OS
    Sabrent 2TB NMVE
    2 x 4TB HDD
    Anti-virus: Avast Premium
    Anti-malware: Malwarebytes

Windows 10 Pro pre-2004 and 2004

System specs today:
    AMD Ryzen 3900X same
    EVGA Geforce 2080 TI same
    Asrock X570 Taichi - replaced
    GSkill 3600 32GB 2 x 16 GB config
    128GB NVME
    Sabrent 2TB NVME
    2 x 4TB HDD
    Anti-virus: Avast Premium
    Anti-malware: Malwarebytes

Windows 10 Pro 2004

My thoughts at this moment are that maybe Avast and Malwarebytes are no longer playing nice with eachother, which is what I have gathered from reading other posts. I see things like Dumpfiles get mentioned in other ndu.sys related crashes, but I have no idea where those are stored and how to provide them. Please let me know and hopefully I can provide them.

I am a teacher and need to have my system up and running for virtual school so putting this issue behind me would be a big deal.

:)

MerrickGearing, Aug 1, 2020

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Aug 1, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Activation of windows key after motherboard replacement.

Hi Nitin

Replacing a motherboard is a major hardware change . . .

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new Motherboard or PC, if it is OEM it will not . ..

Is your Windows 10 licence a Retail Licence?

Here is the Microsoft page on the steps to take before replacing the motherboard so your licence is transferred successfully:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

DaveM121, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Ndu.sys bluescreens - happen before and after motherboard and memory replacement

REplacing motherboard with refurbished motherboard

Hi Keith,

to keep license you need to replace motherboard by warranty. Sorry that are the license terms. If this will be warranty replacement please remember technician to do steps necessary for license keeping.

Igor Leyko, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Ndu.sys bluescreens - happen before and after motherboard and memory replacement

1. Ndu.sys bluescreens - happen before and after motherboard and memory replacement - Similar Threads - Ndu sys bluescreens

2. Bluescreen tcpip.sys wihle high memory load after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluescreen tcpip.sys wihle high memory load after motherboard change: Hello,I've changed the motherboard of my Pc which was working fine until the motherboard broke. So while gaming the PC gets a BSOD or the game crashes after some while, but not always.I tried analysing the minidump but I failed at the endis the analasisClick here for the dmp...
  3. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  4. motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    motherboard replacement: I got a motherboard replace and the technician install Windows on it. When I got home I found out that my Windows is not activated at all. I run the troubleshooter and it didn't resolve my issue. I have Windows 10 before and it came from the free upgrade when its free.How can...
  5. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  6. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing motherboard: My laptop has a dead USB C port. I am getting the motherboard replaced. I was told to remove bitlocker. That is fine I understand that. But they are also asking me to remove PIN and password because after board replacement the PIN and password wont work? does this sound...
  7. Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  8. Motherboard replacement

Motherboard replacement: Hi, Is it possible to replace the motherboard in my Dell Inspiron 3847 to allow for a TPM chip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-replacement/e8383a01-cb84-4ddc-9232-d55c2b894c6b
  9. replace motherboard: what happens?

replace motherboard: what happens?: If replaced original Foxconn N15235 motherboard (2007): chipset P4M890 Southbridge VT8237A CPU quadcore Q6600 2.4 GHz (socket LGA 775) with this one: Asus P5KPL-AM rev. 1.02g Chipset è Intel® G31 Intel ICH7 FSB è 1600*/1333/1066/800 MHz (*1600 is overclock...
  10. replacing motherboard

in Windows 10 Support
    replacing motherboard: Guys, I'm planning to change my motherboard soon (defective ports and still USB 2.0) to a more recent motherboard. Coming from windows 7, I understand that replacing the parts would require a reinstall of the OS but maybe it will be a different case for win10. Just wishful...