Windows 10: near-miss scam - need follow-up advice

Discus and support near-miss scam - need follow-up advice in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Nearly got caught in an Amazon Prime scam by phone here in the UK. Downloaded Supremo remote desktop manager, gave them the ID etc but did NOT press... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by williamMckenzie6, Sep 16, 2020.

1. near-miss scam - need follow-up advice

Nearly got caught in an Amazon Prime scam by phone here in the UK. Downloaded Supremo remote desktop manager, gave them the ID etc but did NOT press CONNECT. Screen goes black and small windows flash up; I shut down immediately. Outcome: I check with banks: no money has gone out of my account. BUT...desktop is still black AND despite antivirus scans negative, am wondering if they could have installed a bug/malware. Do I need to get my laptop seen by a technician? I am currently in quarantine; can I get a Microsoft engineer to do it remotely? It seems this is a common scam here now - when I looked at Amazon, there is a disclaimer; they just advise users to report it to police/fraud offices etc, which is practically useless in current Covid conditions. Yet the leak must have come from within Amazon, am I right? The scammers have been calling the delivery addresses I provided for some time now.

Thanks for any advice...

:)

williamMckenzie6, Sep 16, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Sep 16, 2020
  3. b1rd Win User
    DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

near-miss scam - need follow-up advice [​IMG]

4. near-miss scam - need follow-up advice

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

near-miss scam - need follow-up advice

1. near-miss scam - need follow-up advice - Similar Threads - near miss scam

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  4. Purchase Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  5. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  6. In need of expert advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In need of expert advice: So I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3.. laptop has been great until today. I loaded up my laptop like usual, logged in, immediately got a "something went wrong, we need to reatart" blue screen, then after a few seconds the screen went black and nothing's working. Literally nothing, no...
  7. Need Advice On Backing Up My SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Advice On Backing Up My SSD: I have a HP - OMEN Obelisk- Intel Core i7-9700 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD . My Win 10 operating system and boot is on the SSD and I only use the HDD for storage of music, videos, pics etc.etc. I backup my HDD on a weekly basis to a...
  8. Need recovery advice

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need recovery advice: Back in May of this year, I posted about a problem I was having at that time. Here's the original post: Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now? I got some suggestions but was busy with other things so I simply didn't touch the laptop again for a while. Yesterday, I...
  9. Advice following SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice following SSD upgrade: I have a rather basic question and would be very grateful for any advice. I've recently installed an SSD to replacing my hard drive on a machine that I put together myself a few years ago and then completed a fresh install of Windows 10. Do I need to re-install the the...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170