Windows 10: Nearby share on Windows

Discus and support Nearby share on Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will nearby share on Windows ever be compatible with nearby share on AndroidI thought windows 11 would do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Femi Okedeyi, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Nearby share on Windows

Will nearby share on Windows ever be compatible with nearby share on AndroidI thought windows 11 would do that

:)

Femi Okedeyi, Oct 21, 2021

2. Nearby Sharing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern that you are unable to share the PC Bluetooth nearby sharing.
    I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

However we would suggest you to refer the below article and let us know the status of the issue.

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Share things with nearby devices in Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 21, 2021
  3. paulbasel Win User
    Nearby Sharing

I have reviewed most of the older posts and their possible solutions about this problem but none have worked for me. I am posting the same problem in the hope that someone has found a more recent solution. Here is my setup:

• Both PC and Laptop running v.1903.
    • Both are on the same WiFi network.
    • Laptop connects to the network via WiFi
    • PC has both ethernet connection and WiFi enabled.
    • PC - Realtek Bluetooth 4.0
    • Laptop - Qualcomm Atheros 4.1
    • Both bluetooth radios supports Low Energy Central Role = true
    • Both set up for nearby sharing. "Everyone nearby" selected on both.
    • The two machines are about 4 meters apart.
    "Looking for nearby devices" fails in both directions. I would appreciate any help.

paulbasel, Oct 21, 2021
  4. spunk Win User

Nearby share on Windows

spunk, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Nearby share on Windows

1. Nearby share on Windows - Similar Threads - Nearby share

2. I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share...: I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share but it could not find my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-couldnt-connect-my-laptop-to-my-mobile-phone-i/6e551af6-eb1e-4a57-8193-14d5be2c4c65
  3. I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share...: I couldn't connect my laptop to my mobile phone, i want to share files through nearby share but it could not find my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-couldnt-connect-my-laptop-to-my-mobile-phone-i/6e551af6-eb1e-4a57-8193-14d5be2c4c65
  4. How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share: so it's known issue when you share files with NEarby share. I tried everything but it doesn't transfer files with wi-fi, bluetooth only. Who can help with settings? I have laptop windows 10 and PC windows 11....
  5. How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share

How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share: so it's known issue when you share files with NEarby share. I tried everything but it doesn't transfer files with wi-fi, bluetooth only. Who can help with settings? I have laptop windows 10 and PC windows 11....
  6. How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Nearby Share from Android to PC Win10 is suddenly taking forever and failing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearby Share from Android to PC Win10 is suddenly taking forever and failing.: Nearby share has been working perfectly fine for a while now, but suddenly it has slowed to a halt and is failing constantly. Nothing has changed. I am still trying to transfer the file over WiFi but nothing is working. I have the most recent android version and all of my PC...
  8. Nearby Share from Android to PC Win10 is suddenly taking forever and failing.

Nearby Share from Android to PC Win10 is suddenly taking forever and failing.: Nearby share has been working perfectly fine for a while now, but suddenly it has slowed to a halt and is failing constantly. Nothing has changed. I am still trying to transfer the file over WiFi but nothing is working. I have the most recent android version and all of my PC...
  9. can't get nearby sharing working

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get nearby sharing working: I've tried to get nearby sharing to work on Windows 10 by following these instructions also every other tips/tricks out there but still can't get it working, can anybody help me?Confirm that both devices have Nearby Sharing enabled.Check that Bluetooth is enabled and has...
  10. can't get nearby sharing working

can't get nearby sharing working: I've tried to get nearby sharing to work on Windows 10 by following these instructions also every other tips/tricks out there but still can't get it working, can anybody help me?Confirm that both devices have Nearby Sharing enabled.Check that Bluetooth is enabled and has...